DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 406
2 members and 404 guests
CCS762ZX6, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: Math Problem
View Single Post
Unread
  (#11)
OrangeShirtDude
Derpentine Dealer

December 14, 2012, 12:46 PM

I'm surprised that Adobe CS modules do not offer a means for increasing an object size by area, only width and/or height. A quick search turned up one or more 3rd party filter and plug-in options for this, but I haven't tried any.

It's worth noting that the relationship of the percent increase in area (660) to the percent increase in individual dimensions (257) can be derived by two different approaches. First, 660% is a 6.6-fold increase (divide 660 by 100 to get out of the percent scale). Then since Area (A) is simply Length (L) times Width (W), the square root of the factor of increase of A (2.569) is the factor of increase of either L or W. Alternatively, one can calculate the square root of 660 ( = 25.69) and then multiply by 10 to have the percent increase of either L or W (256.9%).

Why multiply by 10?

Go

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to