DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 499
0 members and 499 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Hit from behind at a Stop Light
Unread
  (#1)
WatchDisR6
"Insert Something Witty"

Hit from behind at a Stop Light - May 23, 2014, 08:36 AM

Thought I would share with you all. So I was very lucky last night. On my way home from a softball game last night I was stopped at a red light making a left-hand turn. All of a sudden BOOM! Iím in the air and then on the ground with my bike in the middle of the intersection. A 71 year old dude was also trying to make a left-hand turn and somehow didnít see me or the red light that I was stopped at (this baffles me). He rammed my rear tire and I couldnít stay on the horse.

Iím fine. I walked away with nothing broken or scratches but my bike had to be towed. He popped the rear tire and bent the rim really good. Scratches all along the left side of my bike and under the tail where his car pushed my license plate up. I'll post some pictures of the damage later. It was at night so the ones I have are not that good.

Now I have to work with their insurance to get things sorted out. I'm a little weary of them being able to fix the bike. Any experience on how that works? Do I have any say if I am uncomfortable with riding a repaired bike after that type of accident?

CBR - Current
R6 - Sold
  Send a message via AIM to