DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 536
1 members and 535 guests
nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#12)
drt_Jumper
GP Champ

November 26, 2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
I haven't ever understood the whining on this issue. Go at your own pace and let others do the same. It's not like you're heading across country. Is there some reason to stay packed together? Heck the fast guys can always run extra laps if they want to check on the progress of the slower riders. How does it affect your ride? Nobody rides at the pace of the slowest rider and if a fast rider bins it the slower guys will be along eventually to help them out.

Now if you're actually traveling somewhere I get the desire to ride with folks with a similar pace but around here anything technical means you're riding in a confined area unless you head down to Hatfield McCoy. It's not hard to check and make sure everyone got back to their trucks at the end of the day.
I am more talking about the clusterfuck that is usually a .net ride. Bikes not being anywhere near ready/safe to ride, riders showing up late, having to lend gear to people who didn't bring any, bikes that wont start, run right, etc. Not really talking about from a speed standpoint as myself and others have stopped waiting for everyone and just meet them at any intersections. If a rider is missing for longer than his ability should allow I/we go find them and help them. Hell ask Rob (slider) about me riding at the back to help out when people may be struggling. I used to worry about the pace and being frustrated having to wait on people, not anymore. It is expected and I now enjoy the couple min breaks I and others get waiting on people to catch up. I am not getting any skinnier nor younger so I appreciate the breaks.
  Send a message via AIM to