DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 183
3 members and 180 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: 1299
View Single Post
Unread
  (#5)
shiphteey
GP Champ

February 12, 2016, 08:10 AM

If both bikes are modded similarly and both riders are of similar size and experience the 1299 will walk after the wheelies calm down in the lower speeds.

If you are both similar in skills, weight and setup I would encourage you to tread lightly if wanting to dice it up in the deep end.

Determining which bike is "faster" is a little different than quicker. Quicker is who crossed the line first, faster is who trapped higher.

I have a lot of runs under my belt with the 636 against heavier yet determined 1000cc riders. They always torque me by several lengths and only in 6th can I hope to lock up and creep back. Sometimes I clock the higher speeds but still can't complete the pass by the 9/10ths sometimes I do pass. What makes these types of outcomes even possible is by me setting up the bike properly, being much lighter than them and narrower shoulder to shoulder to fit. Bigger guys bleed a lot of speed on 1000s as the speeds climb.

I'm not in any shape to hop onto a bike now, not to mention being featherweight will skew the results. However Hibs is on the board and has run at the strip and 9/10ths before with his ZX12. Generally speaking ZX12s are heavier than the 1299 but uncorked a zx12 is in the honest 170ish RWHP on pump gas.

Be warned, while I rode a stock 08 cbr 1000rr against him many moons ago our bikes were in the same frame at the finish it was that close. But from a performance index perspective he is roughly your size and the 16 year old heavier 12R is roughly on par with a 1299 through the gears.

Bring GPS if going for mph bragging rights, bring a camera at the finish for ET bragging rights. Be safe out there, triple check tire pressure, oil level and loose or ill fitting frontal bodywork.

A.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
  Send a message via AIM to