DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
1 members and 506 guests
BigE
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#23)
Sal_the_man
Triumph-ant

February 17, 2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
A guy on 675.net was selling an 08 with the Arrow 3-1 exhaust, Ohlins shock, and Daytona forks for a great price. I intended to flip it, but then changed my mind and converted it to a track bike. It's nice being able to apply track riding skills directly to my street bike since the ergos are the same. I have stock bars and rearsets, no problems with clearance, though some people change to Daytona rearsets. Clip ons are possible, though the instrument cluster may need to be pushed forward with a different bracket.

I did have Brooks put in a set of Daytona cams though, and it will now outrun a Daytona for some reason (or at least the one I saw at NCBIKE).

No real reliability issues to speak of, though I don't think they're as bulletproof as a Japanese bike. Valve adjustments are every 12k unlike 24k on the FZ6 and FZ1. Parts are generally available and there's a very good Triumph dealer in Dulles. Things not in stock usually take about a week to get in.
Sounds like a sweet set-up. Let me take it out for a spin lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphteey View Post
Sal, fyi 55 on the gauges to 70 mph roll from 6th took about 3 seconds.

I did it a few times.

In 5th...I got pulled over

He said I have zero points...thats how you know I'm getting old

As far as Duc, not really much more in labor than other twins per se, but many ducs require a more frequent valve adj service...add to that the add'l cost of parts (belts) and it can get pricey for your "commuter"

A.
Aye word. I have to get my hands on a Duc to see if it's worth the added cost then. The 998 has been my dream bike but the 848 seems to be a more reliable Ducati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
there are cheap tuonos all over, and plenty of budget first gen 675s.

also, aprilia dealership, techs, and parts, in clarendon.
Good call. I'll google the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I had an 04 Tuono (that gen of RSV/Tuono weren't lookers but still great bikes).

Sound is great, handing was great (I had the non R/Factory model), and the engine was stout. The only issue I ever recall folks having was a failed sprag clutch. You can get parts at www.af1racing.com
If there's an E46 M3 included in the purchase, I'll buy a Tuono

Seems that cheap Rotax motors are plentiful on ebay. I'll scrounge through AF1 to grasp the cost...

The 2004+ RSV Factory models seems to fluctutate in price. I've seen as high as $9000 to as low as $2600. Average price is $5k-ish which is close to the 848.

Tuonos are cheap as you said...I'll put the factory on the list

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
  Send a message via AIM to