DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 181
2 members and 179 guests
Scot, Stillie
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: MONKEY!
View Single Post
Unread
  (#13)
Scot
whoa preppy......

December 14, 2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickfhs View Post
Honestly, I was thinking to update the other thread and ask if you have received it.

This looks really cool and super fun, don't see any estimates on MPG but overall curb weight is fairly good:

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/monkey.aspx

How would you compare it with Z125 in your signature in terms of 'fun and power' factor?

If you blind folded me, I probably couldn't tell you if I was on a grom, monkey, or Z125. Aside from some foot peg and bar differences, they are all essentially the same bike. The Z has a slightly larger bore and shorter stroke so it's a little more rev happy, but we're talking minimal differences.

These bikes are all dog ass slow when they are brand new. Once you get a few 100 miles on them, get some fresh oil in them...it got a little better, or maybe I got used to it, or maybe both. I did a full exhaust, air filter, and PCV on the Z125. It was fast enough to ride on two lane highway. 55 was easy. 60 was somewhat easily maintained. I never held up traffic. I've ridden it over 100 miles in a day. I totally squid on these bikes. Shorts and Tshirt. A motorcycle jacket will shed MPH off your top speed. I was going to shave my legs and arms to see if I could get another few MPH out of it.

I've watched videos on the grom with similar mods and a cam (what I bought) and it's probably a little better. I'm hoping for a cruise speed of 60-65. To me that's perfect for backroads and some 2 lane highway.

I'm 250lbs for reference. I know they aren't for everyone. I caught serious hell for my Z125 last year. more so than I have on any scooter.

I can't really explain the appeal of these little bikes. It's like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do. I feel like I'm 10 years old and I'd riding a YZ50 to my friends house 10 miles away.

2016 Concours 1400
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to