DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 482
5 members and 477 guests
7tylim, boomboom929, fxc3700, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#24)
Sal_the_man
Triumph-ant

December 30, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoallafila View Post
Coast to coast at any cost with one of the most unreliable Ducs ever made? Hahahahaha I love you man. I toured south EU with my 851 and always made it home (once with a damaged crankshaft though...). Bring a set of belts, make sure your chain is always lubed and in great condition before you leave and try not to taste the scream of the 11500 rpm twin too often!
Bike is a bike my dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid View Post
This sounds like an awesome way to spend a month. Iíve done several long distance runs on a bmw s1000rr, most notably Manhattan NY to Miami in a day, but have done coast to coast. One thing I will recommend is stretch stretch stretch, and if you are feeling the least bit fatigued, stop. Meals are important, so plan your stops around your eating habits. I have irritable bowel, and had the great idea of eating my body weights worth of brisquit in Waco Tx, I didnít make it 50 miles down the road before having to seek indoor plumbing, so that day was a waste. Not sure what your storage situation is, but I learned that a small thing of wet wipes and toilet paper/Kleenex are a must. I havenít looked at your itenerary, but you may want to seek a shop mid ride for new tires, and Iím sure you will be stopping for an oil change at minimum. Are you going to ride back home or ditch the bike in California? My .02 is leave it or sell it out there. I tried to ride home from California in 2014 and made it all the way to Nevada before throwing in the towel. Youíre going to have the time of your life, thereís going to be good days and bad days, cherish all of them, youíre doing something very few will attempt.
Dang you're a seasoned veteran stuck! Manhattan to Miami in one day?! That's nuts

Hmm didn't think about planning stops around meals. I just munch off clif bars for breakfast and lunch, then spend top dollar on dinner.

New tires are in order for a return trip - if there is one. I'm lazy about the oil change right now though. Only has 3K and it's a dry clutch...

I'd like to sell it in Cali for sure. Will create a listing for it prior to departure. Don't mind selling it for cheap either just to have it off my hands.

What'd you do once you called it quits at Nevada? Was this on the S1k?

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
  Send a message via AIM to