DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 487
2 members and 485 guests
beatle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: MONKEY!
View Single Post
Unread
  (#27)
Scot
whoa preppy......

February 11, 2019, 07:23 AM

Shiphteey nailed it with the motor comparisons. I'll add that I prefer the motor in the grom. It's a little lazier and less manic.

I added a Yoshi cam and 170cc KOSO kit. I took the KOSO kit back out and went back to 125ccs. The BBK was great from a power perspective but had a fair amount of piston slap. It also overheated on a 70F day. I tried tuning it with an auto tuner, still predetonated, and decided no on it. I may revisit it. For now, it's 125ccs with a yoshi cam.

The Z125 is nice because it has an actual oil filter. The grom needs to have the clutch cover removed so you can clean the spinner and internal filter.

Also, the Grom is more comfortable to me once you deal with the seat issue and has a bigger aftermarket.

2016 Concours 1400
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to