DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
2 members and 536 guests
fxc3700, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: MONKEY!
View Single Post
Unread
  (#47)
beatle
Railing!

April 10, 2019, 08:02 AM

BRP was actually not the highlight of yesterday's route. The curves are very sweeping and easy to ride, and the hills are brutal. There were also a few potholes that bottomed out the rear suspension. By NOVA standards it was a dream, but the best riding came on the side of the mountain heading into / out of Buena Vista. Going up a hill I was holding up traffic in the straights even WOT in 3rd gear.

I don't recommend the MNNTHBX shifter. It's still mushy and now neutral is very difficult to find. What a shame since it looks great. I also found it not actually engaging 1st or 3rd very well. Occasionally I would shift to first, the neutral light would go out, and the bike would not actually be in gear. Shifting to 3rd I occasionally found it jerking a couple times after the clutch was fully let out, then it settled in and worked okay. The factory shifter had issues with 3rd as well so perhaps this is a factory defect. The 1st gear problems started with the new shifter though.

State Route 634 was a hoot. It turned from 2 lane, to 1.5, then single lane gravel for several miles. Good thing I wasn't on a sportbike.

I saw you on the Grom forum. Hopefully they get that intake done soon. I am now researching better rear shocks.

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
2008 Triumph Street Triple (track)
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
2018 Triumph Bobber Black
2019 Honda Monkey ABS
  Send a message via AIM to