DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 451
2 members and 449 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#4)
Cinko
Always Tinkering

May 10, 2019, 03:59 PM

Honestly, I would just dump and flush all the fluids.
I just did a 6 year sit restore, and can tell you without a doubt all the fluids looked broken down.
brake, clutch, coolent flush and replace, then dump and replace the oil and gas. All and all our only out like 40 or 50 bucks here doing it yourself. 60 if you go with a synthetic and a new filter.
Check the brake pads, and spin the wheel through making sure nothing is sticking.
lube chain and wheel bearings
You already swapped the battery which was a good decision, but I wouldn't run those ties if it sat on them for 4 years without moving. If you have the money to spend you can grab a set front and rear off amazon shipped for under 200.
Besides that do a visual check of the hoses.
I really don't think you will need to touch anything else.

Good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to