DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 505
2 members and 503 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: HOV crash
View Single Post
Unread
  (#12)
beatle
Railing!

July 4, 2019, 03:31 PM

I'm pretty much off the hard pain meds which is a relief. Healing seems to be picking up speed. I will see the plastic surgeon again tomorrow, but I have a feeling he'll wave me off from anything additional.

I have to say I am less than impressed with Rider insurance. I thought I did some research a while back on these guys to see if they were good or not before switching over to save a few bucks. As for adding or removing bikes from my policy, they have been very nice and accommodating. For making a claim however, it's another story.

They towed the bike to my garage, I suppose so they don't have to pay storage costs at the tow yard where my bike was originally taken from the crash. Not sure where they would have put it had I not had a garage. Maybe the street? I've taken all my own pictures, wrote their report (in ink, since they are too cheap to have a fillable PDF) and now I'll wait to see what they give me. I'm sure they are cutting costs by not having adjusters come out and do this work, but hell, for a company that only sells insurance for motorcycles, I can see that my situation of being injured with pretty limited mobility is not unique.

Here's an album of the crash and my gear (except my bloody pants):

https://imgur.com/a/JAIdAjj

My boots are not motorcycle gear, just a pair of Indy-style boots from J Crew. The boot leather appears burned in a couple places, though I didn't take pictures of that. My jacket was shredded, but did its job to keep me mostly out of harms way. I'd call it one and done. I still have some minor scrapes along my left elbow and wrist. My Held Namib gloves still look pretty good all-in-all. I am a fan of hard knuckle protection. My right hand has a pretty decent bruise around the pinky and ring knuckles, but is otherwise 100%. It's too bad that Held doesn't seem to have a good replacement.

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
2008 Triumph Street Triple (track)
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
2018 Triumph Bobber Black
2019 Honda Monkey ABS
  Send a message via AIM to