DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
4 members and 503 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Sal_the_man, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: tach acting up
View Single Post
Unread
  (#1)
Hoffa
Licensed Rider

July 5, 2005, 10:34 AM

My tach is acting ridiculous. Here's what happens:
1. with bike started
- tach reads 0 rpms for 3 seconds, jumps to 3k rpms for 2.5 seconds, reads actual rpms (whatever you have the engine running at) for 3 seconds, repeat (back to 0 for 3 sec, 3 for 2.5 sec, actual for 3 sec)
2. Bike not started, key in on position
- tach reads 0 rpms for 3 seconds, jumps to 3k rpms for 2.5 seconds, reads 0 rpms for 6 seconds (3 seconds on 0 for actual rpms as the bike is not running, then 'normal' 0 for 3 sec).

So, I can look at the tach approximately every 6ish seconds for actual useful information actually starting to get used to it.

This was not a problem until I went through the carb cleaning/syncing process (which I will now be leaving to the professionals). Obviously I disconnected and reconnected stuff and something got upset in the process. I'm stumped, your expertise would be appreciated.

edit: this is a '99 R6
  Send a message via AIM to