DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
0 members and 523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: Christmas gifts
View Single Post
Unread
  (#7)
998R_2002
MSF Student

March 24, 2003, 08:01 PM

Tifosi,

I live in Alexandria, VA. The only parts I should have left over will be the stock brake and clutch levers (complete w/reservoirs), the complete stock swingarm w/CF chain guard, the CF underseat heat shield, and probably some miscellaneous bolts, etc. I am keeping the original triple tree because it has the 463/700 serial number. I also have the original Pirelli Super Corsa tires with 600 very easy miles on them except... the rear tire picked up a nail. It was in the center of the tread, and did not pierce the carcass (I inspected it very, very carefully after I had the Michelin Pilot races' mounted), but I will not run a tire that has picked up a nail of any sort. I may have the stock pegs with shift linkage and brake lever laying around somewhere...they were immediately taken off the bike and have never been used.

I am still waiting for the reed valve for the oil breather box to arrive (it is enroute) and one other small part. I should have the bike out of the shop within the next two weeks. It has been at the dealer's since December. Trying to get true Corsa parts from DNA is like hunting for Dragon's teeth...we finally had to get an Italian connection involved. In the future, my dealer (Moto Europa in Richmond) will probably deal directly with the Corsa side of Ducati for parts like this (or maybe one of the AMA Ducati teams)...since they had never been through such a nut-drill trying to get parts like this before...but then again, most people won't order the kit swingarm because it is sooooo expensive. Even the picture in the Superbike Accessories catalog doesn't show all the parts that you need (i.e. chain slider, chain guard, misc. bolts, etc.). If someone is going to spend that kind of $, then they should get the "kit" complete. It is not Moto Europa's fault, I blame DNA (perhaps that is why they fired the old CEO and brought the new one in last month). Anyway, things can only get better from here.

PS. Checked last night...I don't have the stock pegs, linkage, or rear brake lever. I think I donated it to Moto Europa!

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by 998R_2002]
  Send a message via AIM to