DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
3 members and 557 guests
2blueyam, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
I Need Your Help!
Unread
  (#1)
---> Venom <---
What's today? aah fuck it

Cool I Need Your Help! - May 5, 2006, 05:02 AM

My sister has a clothing company overseas. She was in town recently and we were talking about different styles and desgins of clothes. Suddenly the greatest idea EVER dawned on me. Why not make motorcycle gear? So we talked more, and she's willing to give me my own sub-branch of the company where I can will have the opportunity to design my own motorcycle gear. I can have my own brand name and everything...

But first, before moving forward with anything. She needs me to submit designs, measurments, do research, etc. She says, her people can make "anything" they just need matrial, measurements, and design to adopt ideas from since we are both new to this industy. So, the first thing I opted for was a custom race suite. Shit, if I was gonna pay $800+ for it anyways, I'd much rather give that $$ to my people. She tells me, she can do a prototype of any 1 product in order to test out first before mass production.

So what I need to come up with are:
  • Different designs/styles of race suits.
    • I can do most of this on my own, but I need other riders' input!
  • Measurements.
    • I need to go to get fitted so they know how to make the prototype. I can't imagine a traditional taylor would know how to measure someone for a race suit. Any ideas of where I could get this done???
  • What material to use
    • I know, I know...cow or kangaroo! But believe it or not, there are many other animals used to make leather overseas. I wanted to ask everyone here if they ever heard/seen non traditional leathers being used? Or maybe you have experience and would like to share.
After all this, I just have to fork over some $$$ to cover the prototype expenses and I'm set....well, except for the product testing, revision, modification aaaand then I have to get a contract worked out to mass produce it. Simple, huh?! lol omg, i'm never getting my race suite done...

If you would like to contribute, please send me any links, pictures, or even feedback on something you would like to see done please reply, PM, AIM or email me @ venom.g at gmail.com.
Thank you!

Last edited by ---> Venom <---; May 5, 2006 at 05:07 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to