DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
4 members and 538 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, superchickencornermonster, t84a
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#9)
BlackHatch
Meh

October 18, 2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
Sorry, I don't forget and I rarely forgive!
Not being a "Christian" or a member of any religion I find forgiveness to be a totally misrepresented thing. Holding people responsible for their actions and making them pay for them makes more sense than turning the other cheek. We aren't talking about someone who shoplifted, or who made a simple mistake. We're talking about evil, and one person's evil deed. Certainly let the law handle it, however "forgiving" them is not part of the deal.

Interesting to me how the ability to forgive makes someone a good person, their willingness to pawn it off on the unknown entity and their ability to accept what ought to be unacceptable seems to say something different to me.

If it works for that friend of yours, so be it. I hope his daughter understands the concept as well. I hope they find the peace and healing they're going to need.
I don't think that Maladi posted this thread to have his friend criticized. Why don't you start your own post and debate the ideas of forgiveness.

I don't think that Maladi friend was suggesting a pardon for the little bastard and he certainly is and evil seed and probably has irrevically changed that little girls life, however, his choice to forgive is his and what is scripturally commanded if he is a believer.

Speaking from experience, it is much easier to maintain a grudge or level of hate/resentment/anger toward another person than to forgive them and pray for their salvation.
  Send a message via AIM to