DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
5 members and 560 guests
beatle, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#14)
B
It goes to 11.

November 6, 2006, 11:51 AM

A couple of notes.

Xechs just explained the BRay vs. HD-DVD better than I could. That is all as accurate as anyone can be at this time.

BlueRay, I feel, is a superior technology, but as compression algalrithms become better, the necessity for space on which to house content becomes less. Technology (like water) usually follows the path of least resistance, sony's Beta AND UMDs have failed because they consistently try to reinvent the wheel, and INSIST on being proprietary AND expensive. Not a great mix for the average consumer, or anti-trust law.

You can expect BRay discs to be considerably more expensive than an HD disc, though they have considerably more scalability, and dependant on the price of the BRay player, that will decide how well it will do IMO. Just because the UMD was a superior disc platform doesn't mean it did well. Maybe if they had made a home entertainment platform for it, it would have done better.

Sony is the genious that thinks it can do everything better if it follows it's own standard. I am less than convinced of this. I wouldn't put my faith in another one of thier proprietary platforms quite yet.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B