DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 536
2 members and 534 guests
Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
Thread: Ducati Snobs
View Single Post
Unread
  (#1)
998R_2002
MSF Student

July 4, 2003, 07:41 AM

THIS IS AN OBSERVATION...IT IS NOT MEANT TO PERSONALLY OFFEND ANYONE.

My experience with several Ducati clubs that I have joined (3 out of 5) is that they are primarily populated by middle aged, fairly well to do males of average riding ability that form cliques within the club. In several cases, erroneous (and dangerous) maintenance information was espoused by self-proclaimed "experts", and any advise to the contrary was shunned or ignored. Some seem far more interested in the bikes versus the riders themselves (interesting, since the riders join the club, not the bikes). Thus, I have or will discontinue membership in all but two of the clubs, as the benefits to me in the other three are non-existant.

So the question is...what is your opinion? Are Ducati clubs just like any other club? Are they different because the average age and income level might be higher? Comments please!
  Send a message via AIM to