DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 511
3 members and 508 guests
boomboom929, shiphteey, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#6)
rixride
GP Champ

December 2, 2003, 10:51 AM

I think that WOT happens more often then not, The first thing people do when the bike starts to go is hold on tighter, then the bike moving forwards makes their bodies move backwards inadvertantly twisting the trottle, which makes them go back farther, holding on tighter...bikes speeds up...now if this was a smaller bike, do you think the same thing would have happened?

I am just guessing as to the cause of how this lady died, and thinking through what could have helped in avoiding this.
I think we all know a helmet of course..but learning on an R1?

Wouldn't a Ninja 250 or 500 or smaller bike be better suited for a Parking lot crash course? (no pun intended)...

I think this fuels the fire of the fear of Newbies going out and getting new Bike: R6, GIXXER, RR whatever...

You have to remember, 5-10 years ago there was a larger acceleration time difference between a 600cc and 1000cc bike..this isn't the case anymore.

Just for an example:

Time MPH Rider Bike
10.98 sec 125.2 mph Telly Rogers 2000 YZF-R6
10.56 sec 135.0 mph Ryan Desmond YZF-R1 Stock

Both bikes can do 0-60 in under 4 seconds....
Claimed dry weight on an R1 is: 382 Lbs.
Claimed dry weight on an R6 is: 370 Lbs.

Imho I think it could be just as easy for the same women to have binned it on a R6 as a R1...

What do you think?
Are 600's really that much safer then 1000's (Liter bikes)

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride