DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 363
1 members and 362 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#11)
myblue750
Lets Ride!!!

September 4, 2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown
When you say shaking I assume you mean from side to side as felt in the clip-ons. If so I doubt wheel balance is at issue.

How long have you had the tires that are currently on the bike? What are they and what size? Any chance that this additional shaking co-incided with the last tire change? (I'm fishing to see if you put on oversize tire on the back...)

Check the head bearings and put the bike on stands and check to see if both the rims & tires are running true. It's doubtful that you've burned up a wheel bearing but if you have checked everything else it won't hurt to check. Also double check your rear tire alignment while your there for shyts and grins.

Yes its side to side and felt in the clip-ons. I have stock size pilot powers on both front and rear. According to the notches on the swingarm, the wheel is aligned properly. (I don't know how to check otherwise) I guess I will just have to put it out of commission until the problem is fixed. Thanks guys
  Send a message via AIM to