DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
2 members and 521 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#13)
ZX-Matt
Crackdays for everyone!

November 26, 2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
I did the math a long time ago and for .45 long colt it definitely makes it almost half. 1 box of ammo at the store is around $20, I can reload it for almost half. For .45 acp and others I can find ammo cheap enough that it isn't worth it. Reloading was also something I just wanted to learn about and my step-dad is big into it and reloads everything.
Reloading something that everyone that is into guns should know. My dad taught me and here learned because factory loads were expensive to practice with. He shot Skeet semi-professionally and ran a couple of ranges over the years. So he spent many days at the range just practicing for the next shoot. I would get back into reloading if the cost was better. I did actually enjoy it!

I think the older crowd of shooter starter reloading due to the fact that the factory would produce a high level of duds. Recently I read that most of the manufacturers out there are down to less than a 1% dud rate and with the amount that they are cranking out each year I think that's pretty decent numbers. You would probably have a better chance of winning the lottery!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt