DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
5 members and 556 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, Heist, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#1)
Bayman
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

February 21, 2004, 08:49 PM

Cold tires - was I surprised. I know cold tires lack traction, but this really surprised me. I had Metzler Pilot race mediums on my 750. I left the parking lot at work and was going completely straight on the highway. As I rolled on the throttle, the bike's rear end swung around violently and put me on the asphalt. I watched the bike slide down the road ..."my baby." The frame sliders caught most of the damage, and I was able to ride away.

It was like I was riding on ice when it broke loose. I wasn't near full throttle. I'm just sharing this little surprise to maybe help somebody else avoid a few aches and some road rash. My jacket is a bit rough now, but my hip got rashed right through my heavy pants. I also wore a hole in one of my gloves. Damnest thing. I'm guessing that steet tires woulda been a little better for this scenario. My ego hurt the most.
  Send a message via AIM to