DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 510
0 members and 510 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#12)
Simon
Resident Gazelle

October 8, 2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Cornerworking is extremely dangerous.....
The amount of risk a Cornerworker is prepared to take in any given situation is a very personal decision. My own personal nightmare is to get another racer injured because I ran out onto the track to try and help a downed rider and then got hit by someone else, causing myself and the rider who hits me to get hurt, or worse. However, I have to balance this with not going out there and then the downed rider getting hit anyway because I didn't go out and try and prevent it.
Every situation is different and you can only hope you make the right decision in the fraction of a second you have to think about it.
Typically, I find MARRC folks are some of THE bravest Cornerworkers you are likely to come across, and rarely put their own well being ahead of helping crashed racers.

MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48

MARRC Safety Crew...it's our job to play in traffic!!

www.marrc.org
http://www.shenandoahpictures.com/

...You say "erb", and I say "Herb", cuz there's a facking "H" in it! Eddie Izzard
  Send a message via AIM to