DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 498
0 members and 498 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
View Single Post
Unread
  (#9)
Scorpion9R
Super Moderator

April 3, 2010, 12:32 PM

My STRONGEST recommendation is to bring it to one of the sponsored shops and just have them gove it a once over. Ill bet ya that the fork oil has never been changed. Its pretty much a night and day difference. You have to think that the bike was probably assembled by a guy making minimum wage. I think its better learining your bike when you know everything is right than learining on a bike that isnt set up right.

My recommendations:
  • have your forks serviced
  • make sure your rear spring is for your weight
  • have someone who knows what they are doing set the suspension up (sag, etc).
Then, learning your bike is going to go SO MUCH EASIER. I remember when I first bought my 636, a frined of mine jumped on it and said, "DUDE..How can you ride this thing!" Him and I are the same size. I took it in and had the same stuff done..I got the bike back and it was like a veWHOLE NEW BIKE.. Where do you live and we can suggest a place..

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R