DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
7 members and 539 guests
BigDaddyShoo, BlackHatch, CCS762ZX6, Cinko, DocZ, SSLow3, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
AMERICAN HONDA TO OFFER 2018 NC750X
Unread
  (#1)
AMA Superbike Champ

AMERICAN HONDA TO OFFER 2018 NC750X - November 7, 2017, 12:46 PM

American Honda to Offer 2018 NC750X Adrenaline Lifestyles

http://twitter.com/Aboogie301

RIP Weezie aka GODSON............

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

November 7, 2017, 05:04 PM

This is more tempting than the 700x, which I was already pretty interested in. Maybe I'll dump the versys and get one in a couple years.
Unread
  (#3)
Signed up for Track Days!

February 13, 2018, 07:09 AM

having about 5 ninja 650s at any time, and have ridden both, and having been on every parallel twin engine made, and having tested the 700 to buy for personal use, i can tell you that unless they dramatically improved things, it will be the most boring and uninspired motorcycle you will ride. and i love toyota avalons. never again. the honda 500 is a fucking dud too. maybe they resolved it with the new rebel.
Unread
  (#4)
whoa preppy......

February 13, 2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
having about 5 ninja 650s at any time, and have ridden both, and having been on every parallel twin engine made, and having tested the 700 to buy for personal use, i can tell you that unless they dramatically improved things, it will be the most boring and uninspired motorcycle you will ride. and i love toyota avalons. never again. the honda 500 is a fucking dud too. maybe they resolved it with the new rebel.

they did not. I rode the rebel 500. Honda makes very low reving, single throttle body twins that favor ease of maintenance and smoothness of power delivery over anything that excites. I've ridden every parallel twin out there today, I think.

The kawasaki twin isn't much better. It revs a lot higher though. For parallel twins you'd be hard pressed to beat the MT07. (or FZ07 if it's still called that) I've had a Versys650 and the suspension made that bike. Not the motor.

2018 Z125 Pro
2017 Suzuki Van Van
2016 KTM Superduke R
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

February 13, 2018, 08:17 AM

Yeah, I've got a versys. It's a powerhouse compared to my wr250x. I don't really mind not having an exciting motor. My first street bike was a hawk gt and I wouldn't mind having another. I do have a cbr1krr too so I can ride that if I care to feel a more powerful motor. I know many think of the cbr as not being too exciting either. However, riding only the wr for a month and then getting on the cbr is like seeing God.
Unread
  (#6)
whoa preppy......

February 13, 2018, 08:51 AM

The versys was a bike I absolutely LOVED. I didn't buy it for the motor. I bought it for everything that encapsulated the motor.

2018 Z125 Pro
2017 Suzuki Van Van
2016 KTM Superduke R
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Signed up for Track Days!

February 13, 2018, 07:00 PM

I like my shitty nighthawk more than my zx14 or 1000s or anything else I have. I am hoping to cure that with a full custom tl1000s. 2 giant injectors, all hp immediately available. I want it to be fully unmanageable, and sound like a cannon raping your face. just the worst thing ever. its already butchered.