DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 443
4 members and 439 guests
beatle, BigE, BlackHatch, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#136)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
July 5, 2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Saying it's a waste of everyone's time is the same as you saying bikers dying for traffic violations are a waste of everyone's time. I assure you the higher-ups in the DC police dept and DC gov't totally disagree with your thinking. They actually care about weighing the safety of citizens AND criminals. Yes, they don't think if someone steals a candy bar they should die for it. Same goes for traffic violations..... We have a system of justice, we are not a 3rd world country.

For the umteenth time, I don't know why everybody expects and demands me to have an answer/solution, ITS NOT MY DAMN JOB TO. There are hundreds of citizens like me who have issues with a myriad of things. We the people don't have to come up with solutions, because we use our tax money to PAY people to come up with solutions!!!!!!! Not sure why y'all don't understand that
Straw man. Try again.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#137)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
July 6, 2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Straw man. Try again.
Because I won't be the policeman or politician you want me to be? beyond crazy.

My responses are what they are, take it, or leave it.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#138)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
July 6, 2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Because I won't be the policeman or politician you want me to be? beyond crazy.

My responses are what they are, take it, or leave it.
No, straw man refers to your making up comparisons to argue with that are either not relevant or not representative of what I have said.

Complaining about police policy with you is a waste of time because you have nothing productive to contribute and you refuse to take on any responsibility to help fix a situation that you have raised as a problem. The gist is, you don't like something, and someone else should fix it for you.

I did not say that complaining about policy policy in general is a waste of time. But I did say that one ought to be invested enough in an issue to try and contribute to a solution if he is going to try to convince others it is important.

You are saying this is a problem that we should be concerned about, and in the same breath showing that it doesn't concern you enough to rub two brain cells together to propose a solution. Why should we care if you don't? And to be clear, you really don't. It's obvious that you are more interested in disparaging the police than in helping improve the community.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#139)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
July 6, 2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
The gist is, you don't like something, and someone else should fix it for you.

Must have been gixxer that got her elected....


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#140)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
July 7, 2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
No, straw man refers to your making up comparisons to argue with that are either not relevant or not representative of what I have said.

Complaining about police policy with you is a waste of time because you have nothing productive to contribute and you refuse to take on any responsibility to help fix a situation that you have raised as a problem. The gist is, you don't like something, and someone else should fix it for you.

I did not say that complaining about policy policy in general is a waste of time. But I did say that one ought to be invested enough in an issue to try and contribute to a solution if he is going to try to convince others it is important.

You are saying this is a problem that we should be concerned about, and in the same breath showing that it doesn't concern you enough to rub two brain cells together to propose a solution. Why should we care if you don't? And to be clear, you really don't. It's obvious that you are more interested in disparaging the police than in helping improve the community.
Be specific, what comparisons did I make up?

The majority of the public is not police or politicians: There are a lot of things they don't like. So your gyst is, all the citizens of DC want someone else to fix things for them, EVEN though they pay taxes for people to do so? How much sense does that make?

Again, if you want me to come up with solutions and solve the city's problems, then PAY ME!!!!! Otherwise, I'm going to let the people who are getting paid to this, DO IT.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#141)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
July 7, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Saying it's a waste of everyone's time is the same as you saying bikers dying for traffic violations are a waste of everyone's time....We have a system of justice, we are not a 3rd world country.

The above quotation is two examples of straw man argument.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
We the people don't have to come up with solutions, because we use our tax money to PAY people to come up with solutions!!!!!!! Not sure why y'all don't understand that

I understand the concept, but I don't agree with it. Your philosophy is indicative of the successful brainwashing of today's generations. "Problems are not to be solved by you, the individual. They are to be solved by the great and glorious government, which is an entity so entirely detached from the populace, due to its members' genius, dedication, and selfless nature. Don't try to solve anything yourself. Don't even contribute ideas. Let the bureaucrats do the thinking for you, because they are the experts on everything."


It might be due to my upbringing or job history, but I have come to learn that if you want a problem fixed that nobody is working on, you had better roll up your sleeves, because the reason nobody is working on it is that they have other things to do (in my groups, it meant they had more important things to do). If you have a complaint about how something is done and want it changed, you should have a better method to recommend, or else your complaint goes in the bin with the rest of the non-actionable commentary. Problem solvers are welcomed, critics are not.


If you are going to continue to claim "not my job," as your excuse for non-constructive complaining and expecting the system to bend to your predilections, then let me remind you that you are not compensated for complaining, either.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#142)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
July 8, 2018, 09:45 AM

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#143)
Aqua Velvet
 
Posts: 429
Join Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Gorgeous Prince George's
July 8, 2018, 06:07 PM

I’m impressed with gixxer123, he’s trolled you all into 10 pages of stupid. Well played.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#144)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
July 8, 2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
Im impressed with gixxer123, hes trolled you all into 10 pages of stupid. Well played.

Yeah, this thread has devolved into non-participants popping in to pat themselves on the back for being snarky. Let me dig into my closet to find you a trophy.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#145)
Aqua Velvet
 
Posts: 429
Join Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Gorgeous Prince George's
July 8, 2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Yeah, this thread has devolved into non-participants popping in to pat themselves on the back for being snarky. Let me dig into my closet to find you a trophy.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#146)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
July 9, 2018, 11:34 AM

TNT its not called straw man, its called an analogy. So you can come up with scenarios like hitting kids at a bus stop that didn't happen, but call straw man on me when I come up with an ANALOGY??????

But heres a recent example of how tax payers are wasting their money on police and politicians who are charged with protecting the citizens:

Secret Service involved in chase that ended in wrong-way crash on I-66 in Virginia, suspect at large - Story | WTTG


Happy go lucky uniformed Secret Service Uniformed Division, who's main priority is to the president and the white house area, wants to play superhero on city streets, since some years back they were granted jurisdiction throughout DC.....

Wrong way driver. Okay, he's breaking the law and that's dangerous, but after you chase him off I street, the one way street, LET HIM GO!!!!!!!! Why? because you put innocent citizens at risk. Cop chases him all the way to virgins where suspect runs HEAD ON into an innocent citizen in his car. How yall scream we can just let everyboy go, so yall chase them. Ah,okay. Its all good until that suspect runs into your daughter who's 17 driver and seriously injures or kills her because you chased a car to give them a traffic ticket.

On top of all this, the suspect got away. All we are left with is innocent citizens in the hospital. So yes, again, I say only chase for serious crimes!!! You chased him off I street wrong way that was good enough. Cop had to play super hero tho. I know they told yall in the academy never go full superhero.......
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#147)
Licensed Rider
 
RobertJ's Avatar
 
Posts: 169
Join Date: August 3, 2013
Location: Herndon, VA
July 9, 2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospected View Post
Im impressed with gixxer123, hes trolled you all into 10 pages of stupid. Well played.

Agreed. LOL...at least it's an active topic on this dying board.


2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#148)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
July 9, 2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
TNT its not called straw man, its called an analogy.

I think you meant to write, "it's called a false analogy," which is to straw man as analogy is to metaphor, but I know that the subtleties have already been lost. Go look the terms up if you'd like, and consider the quoted text I provided for you, if you have already forgotten what you wrote.



While you're at it, go ahead and quote the text I wrote that provides the basis for this:


Quote:
So you can come up with scenarios like hitting kids at a bus stop that didn't happen, but call straw man on me when I come up with an ANALOGY??????




Ok, time for me to go play with my coloring books.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#149)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
August 14, 2018, 08:05 AM

https://twitter.com/abc7q/status/993...857152?lang=en

Last edited by BlackHatch; August 14, 2018 at 08:08 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#150)
thanksfornothing.org
 
CCS762ZX6's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,260
Join Date: August 29, 2012
August 14, 2018, 09:41 AM

I won't believe it. They're good kids. They played xbox with my son.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.