DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 414
4 members and 410 guests
beatle, BigE, BlackHatch, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#31)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
May 8, 2018, 08:41 AM

Could be the cop swerved at the last minute to try and avoid the bike, protecting the driver side as is our normal reaction. Could be the bike swerved the same way and spacetime restrictions being what they are...
Could be the cop intentionally tried to block and both parties have a hand in the death...

I'll wait and see what footage and investigation produce before asserting any veracity of these speculations.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#32)
GP Champ
 
Leoallafila's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,470
Join Date: December 15, 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
May 8, 2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Instead of giving him a ticket for unregistered vehicle on public road, they killed him.
Naaaah, he offed himself


2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Current)
2006 BMW R1200ST
2003 BMW K1200GT (current)
2004 Ducati 998s Final Edition (current)
1997 Aprilia RS250
1998 BMW K1200RS
2000 Ducati 998
1998 Pegaso 650
1999 Ducati 996S
2004 BMW R1150R
2005 Aprilia RSVR Factory
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Buell Ulysses
1991 Suzuki GSX-1100R
1991 Honda Africa Twin 750
2008 Mobster Lefty Trophy pitbike
2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
1990 Aprilia Pegaso 125
1991 Ducati 888
1995 Honda CR250
1996 Aprilia RS125
1995 Aprilia Sr 50
1984 Kram-it 50
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#33)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 8, 2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

i. MPD has a 'no chase' policy for traffic offenses.
ii. Police vehicles may not be used as barricades or rams.
I appreciate your response. I know you may not agree 100% with my view on this case but the core baseline of what I'm talking about is what you just wrote. Those 2 polices were broken in the Sterling case. Clearly. And even though this investigation is still ongoing of course, it does appear as DC cops broke these same 2 polices, AGAIN. Which makes me ask, what did they learn from previous incident? How did they just forget DC paid out millions some months ago for a similar incident? I'm pretty sure DC will be paying out millions again, because police didn't learn from the Sterling incident (even though they should have known police policy before that incident)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
I don't even care when normal people die, why should I give a fuck that some hood rat garbage person died?
Way to stereotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Seeing as the cases and the situations leading up to both are completely different, to draw broad strokes conclusions between them is quite a stretch.

Terrence Sterling was shot and killed in this case and the vehicle that he struck was not really moving. It was used as a barrier in this case to contain a suspect that was reported going north of 100 mph through a multiple blocks chase.
If the policy is not to chase unless felony, then that's what should not happen. Did the biker commit a felony in any of these 2 cases? Did police break policy in both cases? That's why I refer to the sterling case, they are similar. Both should have NEVER happened if DC police protocol was followed properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Could be the cop swerved at the last minute to try and avoid the bike, protecting the driver side as is our normal reaction. Could be the bike swerved the same way and spacetime restrictions being what they are...
Could be the cop intentionally tried to block and both parties have a hand in the death...

I'll wait and see what footage and investigation produce before asserting any veracity of these speculations.
There is no last moment. The cop saw the bike, the whole reason he was in that area was because of the bike. He either 1) saw the bike coming down the hill and turned right in front of him to cause an accident, OR, he didn't make any turn but simply moved straight forward to block the bike no matter which lane the bike was in. Looking at the position of the police SUV, it clearly appears he used his vehicle to stop the bike. Its no accident, what do you think happens when you see a bike allegedly speeding down hill and you stick a 5,000 vehicle in front of it??????????????
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#34)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 8, 2018, 02:16 PM

Haven't seen anyone yet say the dude deserved to die without the exception of someone being deliberately inflammatory.

Nearly everyone has said that they will wait for the REAL evidence to come out vs. speculation and conjecture. Several have commented that if the cop did use his car as a battering ram (hard to see that option if its in a side door) that is terrible and wrong.

What I have yet to see if your acknowledge the fact that you have been shown to be incorrect on several points.

You still haven't acknowledged the +120 feet of skid mark as an indication of excessive speed yet you are still claiming that this was all the cops fault vs. the biker having majority responsibility here.

You still haven't answered what we all know to be the obvious answer to the "what if" scenario if riders were out acting carelessly and putting other people's lives in danger.

You still haven't acknowledged that "chasing" had nothing to do with the Sterling death except to put the rider and a cop car in the same vicinity, yet you still try to claim that these are examples of comparability.

Do you actually have anything to add that is salient?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#35)
Licensed Rider
 
RobertJ's Avatar
 
Posts: 169
Join Date: August 3, 2013
Location: Herndon, VA
May 8, 2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid View Post
So someone is getting their stolen dirt bike back?
Double win.


2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#36)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 8, 2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Haven't seen anyone yet say the dude deserved to die without the exception of someone being deliberately inflammatory.

Nearly everyone has said that they will wait for the REAL evidence to come out vs. speculation and conjecture. Several have commented that if the cop did use his car as a battering ram (hard to see that option if its in a side door) that is terrible and wrong.

What I have yet to see if your acknowledge the fact that you have been shown to be incorrect on several points.

You still haven't acknowledged the +120 feet of skid mark as an indication of excessive speed yet you are still claiming that this was all the cops fault vs. the biker having majority responsibility here.

You still haven't answered what we all know to be the obvious answer to the "what if" scenario if riders were out acting carelessly and putting other people's lives in danger.

You still haven't acknowledged that "chasing" had nothing to do with the Sterling death except to put the rider and a cop car in the same vicinity, yet you still try to claim that these are examples of comparability.

Do you actually have anything to add that is salient?
Of course we all need to wait until the investigation is complete, that's obvious. But this isn't a perfect world, this is reality. In reality people are going to make opinions on what they think happened.

Incorrect? You can only say I'm incorrect if you have clear proof on what happened, and as you say, you can't have that because the investigation is not complete......

He may have been speeding, I'm just trying to figure out were you there with the radar gun to back up the statement that he was going 2-3 times the speed limit, is all.

I don't debate what ifs with you that I havent debated or disputed....

Not sure how chasing had nothing to do with the sterling case. Sterling was chased, that's part of the case, how can you just exclude something directly related to the case? I don't understand that.

Sterling and this case compare by what was stated earlier:

i. MPD has a 'no chase' policy for traffic offenses.
ii. Police vehicles may not be used as barricades or rams.

Like how do you not see this? They apply to both cases.

Last edited by gixxer123; May 8, 2018 at 04:38 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#37)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
May 8, 2018, 05:21 PM

So it's okay to assume exactly what the cop did to have his vehicle end in that location, but you can't make any assumptions on the velocity of the bike, despite the extensive skid mark? The latter actually is used in accident investigations to specifically calculate speeds.

Your double standards are pretty egregious and obvious here. You can believe what you want, but don't expect anybody to go along with you if you have such vastly different standards for proof or evidence dependent on the narrative you would like to be true.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#38)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 8, 2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
So it's okay to assume exactly what the cop did to have his vehicle end in that location, but you can't make any assumptions on the velocity of the bike, despite the extensive skid mark? The latter actually is used in accident investigations to specifically calculate speeds.

Your double standards are pretty egregious and obvious here. You can believe what you want, but don't expect anybody to go along with you if you have such vastly different standards for proof or evidence dependent on the narrative you would like to be true.
Because that particular assumption requires some knowledge. Please let me know if your day job is an accident reconstruction expert and you have access to the evidence. No matter how long the skid mark is, you need to know the weight of the bike, the weight of the person riding it and other factors, to determine the exact speed was going. You can easily get long skid marks because these are bikes. I can skid coming to a light at about 5mph, can't do that in my car though. Sure you can determine speed from skid marks, just doubt any of y'all have the expertise to accurately determine that is all I'm trying to say. So we should leave that part alone
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#39)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓
 
Dark's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,207
Join Date: March 10, 2008
Location: Aldie, VA
May 8, 2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Because that particular assumption requires some knowledge. Please let me know if your day job is an accident reconstruction expert and you have access to the evidence. No matter how long the skid mark is, you need to know the weight of the bike, the weight of the person riding it and other factors, to determine the exact speed was going. You can easily get long skid marks because these are bikes. I can skid coming to a light at about 5mph, can't do that in my car though. Sure you can determine speed from skid marks, just doubt any of y'all have the expertise to accurately determine that is all I'm trying to say. So we should leave that part alone
In a forum of seasoned riders, you'll be hard pressed to convince folks that a 120ft skid mark isn't proof that he was speeding.


-Ryan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#40)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 8, 2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
In a forum of seasoned riders, you'll be hard pressed to convince folks that a 120ft skid mark isn't proof that he was speeding.
so he went out there and measured it? where 120 PLUS feet come from

120 feet of non stop skid?? pretty long ain't it? to not crash until the bike hit the police car

lets leave the skid marks to the experts

Also, if you go 37 in a 35mph zone, that's speeding
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#41)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 8, 2018, 08:15 PM

Dude...all you do is debate "what ifs" and base you entire opinion on it.

Give me a break. You are flat out wrong.

There is +120 feet of thick skid mark. You can measure that from the video if you would take a break from being so consistently incorrect.

Open your eyes and take off the blinders that have you automatically convicting the officers in this case. The only person that we KNOW, for a fact, was violating the law so far was the rider. Whether it was for riding an unlicensed vehicle only, speeding, felony eluding, or a combination of all of the above, he is the only person that we KNOW, as of right now, is guilty of something.

The speed limit on that road is 25mph...not 35mph. Again...facts. I can go out and stop from 25mph with my big ass on a dirt bike and it will only leave 20-25 feet of tire mark. For him to lay down +120 feet, he was hauling fat ass.

Pictures are your friend here.

Mind you, you he didn't hit the cruiser at 0 mph so he would have had to still be going at least 25 mph when he hit the cruiser (probably much faster) to have launch himself over the top to his death.

Keep believing what you want in the meantime and maybe the police are scumbags here, but as for right now, everything is pointing to the rider being majority responsible.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 7.26.06 PM.png (827.7 KB, 6 views)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#42)
Licensed Rider
 
Stuckonstupid's Avatar
 
Posts: 118
Join Date: April 10, 2013
Location: Arlington
May 8, 2018, 08:43 PM

To the original poster. Why are you so atiment about this particular incident? Let’s face it, the people riding these dirt bikes in the streets are not your 9-5, busted their ass and saved money to get a bike and go ride with their friends who did the same on the weekends. 99% of these people are on stolen bikes which came out of outlying suburbs, they create safety hazards throughout the city, your article is a prime example, and they are flat out a nuisance creating hazards for themselves and the law abiding citizens around them. Any loss of life is tragic to someone, but not everyone. I think you’re pissing up a rope with this particular incident. Let it be and go bitch elsewhere about it, you aren’t going to find anyone on this forum that empathizes with the activity nor the outcome. As stated before, “play stupid games, win stupid prizes”. The rider may not have deserved what he got, but he got what was coming for him.

Last edited by Stuckonstupid; May 8, 2018 at 08:45 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#43)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,660
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
May 9, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer123 View Post
Because that particular assumption requires some knowledge. Please let me know if your day job is an accident reconstruction expert and you have access to the evidence. No matter how long the skid mark is, you need to know the weight of the bike, the weight of the person riding it and other factors, to determine the exact speed was going. You can easily get long skid marks because these are bikes. I can skid coming to a light at about 5mph, can't do that in my car though. Sure you can determine speed from skid marks, just doubt any of y'all have the expertise to accurately determine that is all I'm trying to say. So we should leave that part alone
Your assumptions require knowledge of intent of a human being. That's much more difficult to ascertain than doing a kinematics calculation. Please let me know if your day job is a failing high school physics student.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#44)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,949
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 9, 2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Your assumptions require knowledge of intent of a human being. That's much more difficult to ascertain than doing a kinematics calculation. Please let me know if your day job is a failing high school physics student.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#45)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 9, 2018, 09:01 AM

Not sure why yall so mad, I didn't kill that biker
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.