DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
5 members and 527 guests
beatle, fxc3700, Nobrains, Slider, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#76)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,958
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 12, 2018, 05:41 PM

Common decency?

You were happy to impugn and entire professional entity in the DC Police and intimate that they were guilty of vehicular manslaughter despite clear evidence to the contrary.

You do realize that you started this thread and its titled: DC Cops Kill Another One

The rest of your post is more drivel. You seem to get extraordinarily butt-hurt by being rightfully called an idiot yet you don't seem to think your actions are out of order.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#77)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 15, 2018, 03:44 PM

Hmmm, Looks like it was the investigator.

Last edited by gixxer123; May 15, 2018 at 03:51 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#78)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,665
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
May 16, 2018, 09:49 PM

Was there an update on this?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#79)
Triumph-ant
 
Sal_the_man's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,079
Join Date: November 6, 2015
Location: Middletown, MD
May 17, 2018, 08:58 AM

English police don't play no games:

https://gfycat.com/PaltryTidyBlackrhino


1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#80)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,958
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 20, 2018, 08:36 AM

If this is true...its screwed up.

If they are circling the troops to intimidate, that is complete BS and their actions should be put on display.

Post up the recording family members. This can't be allowed to happen if it is true.

Family of dirt bike rider killed in crash point to video of warrantless search as police harassment - Story | WTTG
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#81)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 20, 2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Was there an update on this?

No not really. When a major update drops I will SURELY let yall know lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
If this is true...its screwed up.

If they are circling the troops to intimidate, that is complete BS and their actions should be put on display.

Post up the recording family members. This can't be allowed to happen if it is true.

Family of dirt bike rider killed in crash point to video of warrantless search as police harassment - Story | WTTG

Well according to the link you posted, they did post the video. It shows the officers walking around in the backyard, doesn't look like they came IN the house to search. But I do believe the backyard is still considered their private property.


Apparently the cops were looking for a gun, but they said NOTHING to the Price family though. I can understand why they would be alarmed that cops are searching their backyard and don't say why or what they are doing.


Very bad police work if you ask me. I know yall think I'm biased but it is what it is
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#82)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,958
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 21, 2018, 07:45 AM

Video would not load when I watched it the other day.

That is complete and utter bullshit. They have no business entering a persons property like that without announcement or cause.

Bullsh*t I call that they were looking for someone or a ditched gun, in my opinion. If they were looking for someone, the video definitely seems to indicate that they searched one house and one house only.

Perhaps there is more unreleased footage, but that is bad policy and definitely a violation of their 4A rights.

You are biased and that was my point. I am biased in favor of the Constitution and as I have said before, if they broke policy and used their vehicle as a ram....they should go to jail accordingly. My point was and has always been, that the rider was most in control of his fate that day. That has not changed nor will it with any additional information.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#83)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 21, 2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Video would not load when I watched it the other day.

That is complete and utter bullshit. They have no business entering a persons property like that without announcement or cause.

Bullsh*t I call that they were looking for someone or a ditched gun, in my opinion. If they were looking for someone, the video definitely seems to indicate that they searched one house and one house only.

Perhaps there is more unreleased footage, but that is bad policy and definitely a violation of their 4A rights.

You are biased and that was my point. I am biased in favor of the Constitution and as I have said before, if they broke policy and used their vehicle as a ram....they should go to jail accordingly. My point was and has always been, that the rider was most in control of his fate that day. That has not changed nor will it with any additional information.

Yeah it didn't work for me at first, but I pulled it up in another browser and then it worked.

I noticed as well it looked like they only searched the Price family yard. Of course we may not have all the video,so far this is all we see in the news clip. So either they searched other houses/yards and this was the last house they searched, or they just searched theirs. I been trying to find the whole family video but no luck so far. If they were searching for a gun that somebody ditched, then they knew the Price family was innocent and had nothing to do with it. So why not at least just tell them what they are doing?



But it seems we agree on things. Of course you now if they broke policy I think the officer should be held accountable. As for the rider, I never ever said he played no role in this,but people seem to think that. We all know he should have never been on the street. If he was running from the cops, he was in the wrong. If he was speeding, then he was in the wrong as well. I never disputed ANY of that (I only debated the exact speed he was speeding). All I'm saying is cops are held to a higher standard. And just because a biker is doing something illegal (having a dirt bike on the street) and riding recklessly (speeding), doesn't mean a cop should stoop to his level and do the same (using the car as ram which he knows could lead to death,which has yet to be proven of course)

But I have faith in the DC police's investigations. They are thorough and will not cover for the officer if he did wrong doings. They proved this in the Sterling case.


If DC police rule the officer was not at fault, and this was all a tragic accident, I will accept it (although I know his family won't). But if they do, it's going to be a treat to see how they explain the positioning of the SUV. I think that's the biggest problem for the officer in this case.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#84)
TNT
GP Champ
 
Posts: 1,665
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
May 21, 2018, 07:17 PM

If the article isn't withholding any key info, then there needs to be an oversight investigation on just that search alone. 4th amendment violations should NOT be taken lightly, and the department should get much more than admonition for committing them. I'm always suspect of the news, because they tend to lie through omission to sell a story, but IF there wasn't sufficient cause (and it better be legitimate, not "I thought I heard a baby cry" or "I thought I smelled something"), I think someone should be getting at least suspension without pay.

This is not a heat-of-the-moment, mistakes happen situation (not that those are generally acceptable). No exigent circumstances. This is pure and simple warantless search, which should be heavily restricted and thoroughly justified when it does occur.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#85)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,547
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
May 21, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
If this is true...its screwed up.

If they are circling the troops to intimidate, that is complete BS and their actions should be put on display.

Post up the recording family members. This can't be allowed to happen if it is true.

Family of dirt bike rider killed in crash point to video of warrantless search as police harassment - Story | WTTG
Bush league crap like this, it only strikes a further discord and reinforces the legacy of intimidation, acrimony, and mistrust between the African American community and police.

You know this would never happen in Great Falls, North Bethesda or Potomac. N-E-V-E-R. Not without someone being reassigned or suspended immediately.



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#86)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,958
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 22, 2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Bush league crap like this, it only strikes a further discord and reinforces the legacy of intimidation, acrimony, and mistrust between the African American community and police.

You know this would never happen in Great Falls, North Bethesda or Potomac. N-E-V-E-R. Not without someone being reassigned or suspended immediately.
Really dude? When did race enter this discussion.

Do we want to compare our personal histories of dealing with the DC police's illegal actions on the outrage scales between me and you.

News Flash...I bet you that I win.

This is a lazy man's argument and seeing as you don't have a shred of facts to go with it, until proven otherwise, a fallacy at that.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#87)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,547
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
May 22, 2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Really dude? When did race enter this discussion.

Do we want to compare our personal histories of dealing with the DC police's illegal actions on the outrage scales between me and you.

News Flash...I bet you that I win.

This is a lazy man's argument and seeing as you don't have a shred of facts to go with it, until proven otherwise, a fallacy at that.
A lazy man's argument? A few things:

i. I'm putting it in the discussion. You don't have to like it. Makes no difference to me. Nonetheless, I am and will give you my optics and opinion on the matter, as many others here have, from my perspective and based on my life's experiences, encounters, and observations which may, or may not, be unique to me. (but they're not.)

ii. I am certainly not going to operate in some theoretical clinical bubble where address, social strata, class, and race do not exist or factor in to how SOME police officers execute their duties, and the due care, caution and adherence to law they observe during their operations.
You do can do that if you want. I am not.

Why be pious and pretend this level of intimidation and criminal behavior would have taken place in 'other' more affluent and communities without near immediate ramifications and consequence? Especially after it's been videoed? If this address were in the Palisades, Foxhall, or Capitol Hill sections of D.C., you do not with a straight and honest face believe the search would have been conducted in this manner, do you?


iii. Yes, actions like these continue to drive a mistrusting wedge between the African American community and the Police. I'm more attuned and sensitive to this than you are for a host of reasons, and until you have lived a day in my skin, I don't think you're qualified to admonish what I wrote as "a lazy man's argument."



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#88)
Signed up for Track Days!
 
Posts: 348
Join Date: December 16, 2011
May 22, 2018, 03:35 PM

fuck ghetto trash

doesn't have fuck all to do with race. ive lived in the ghetto. my wife ain't white.

fuck white trash. fuck ghetto trash. fuck wetback trash.

this trash just happens to be brown. so fuck his hoodrat piece of shit ass.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#89)
Licensed Rider
 
Posts: 123
Join Date: October 29, 2012
Location: Johntown
May 22, 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
fuck ghetto trash

doesn't have fuck all to do with race. ive lived in the ghetto. my wife ain't white.

fuck white trash. fuck ghetto trash. fuck wetback trash.

this trash just happens to be brown. so fuck his hoodrat piece of shit ass.

how eloquent
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#90)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,958
Join Date: October 1, 2002
May 23, 2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
A lazy man's argument? A few things:

i. I'm putting it in the discussion. You don't have to like it. Makes no difference to me. Nonetheless, I am and will give you my optics and opinion on the matter, as many others here have, from my perspective and based on my life's experiences, encounters, and observations which may, or may not, be unique to me. (but they're not.)

ii. I am certainly not going to operate in some theoretical clinical bubble where address, social strata, class, and race do not exist or factor in to how SOME police officers execute their duties, and the due care, caution and adherence to law they observe during their operations.
You do can do that if you want. I am not.

Why be pious and pretend this level of intimidation and criminal behavior would have taken place in 'other' more affluent and communities without near immediate ramifications and consequence? Especially after it's been videoed? If this address were in the Palisades, Foxhall, or Capitol Hill sections of D.C., you do not with a straight and honest face believe the search would have been conducted in this manner, do you?


iii. Yes, actions like these continue to drive a mistrusting wedge between the African American community and the Police. I'm more attuned and sensitive to this than you are for a host of reasons, and until you have lived a day in my skin, I don't think you're qualified to admonish what I wrote as "a lazy man's argument."
Yes, its lazy and both and overused escalation in today's political ethos. In the absence of any facts on the case and only one view of the event from that of the person that was the "victim", it has hardly been tested in the crucible of truth.

To claim that it is a further extension of historical injustice without any real review of the facts is inflammatory and leads to situations where real problems are marginalized by the onslaught of disinformation.

"Hands up don't shoot"

Anyone see the social media firestorm that this woman created with her rape accusation of a white officer while she was in custody?

https://www.theroot.com/copstoo-texa...xua-1826216795

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing trooper of rape - Story | KDFW

If everything is racism...at some point...nothing is racism and then real injustice won't register on the outrage scale. By invoking in a situation where there isn't yet proof...it waters down what are still real problems in certain situations.

At the end of the day, much of this is far less about the melanin content of the people on either side of the camera in the case of DC and more about the number of 0's in their bank account. As you did indicate, there is far more available facts to support that estimation of events based on the location usual lack of familiarity with citizens' rights in these neighborhoods.

I am, not for a second, claiming that police do not and are not trained to sidestep the rights of people all the time. They are trained on how to subvert the protections of the Constitution and get people to give up their rights. This is known and if we are having a conversation about that, there is evidence in this video of that continued abuse and protocol.

What there is not, is evidence of blatant racism as this scenario could have just as easily happened to the poor white family or poor Hispanic family in another neighborhood.

In the absence of any facts and a full survey of the situation in question, referring to your statement and claims of institutional racism as "lazy" is entirely warranted here and well within reason. Demonstrate to me that there is some actual validity to your claim and some real malfeasance that goes beyond a more typical example of police trampling on the unknown Constitutional rights of some folks...and we can proceed from there.

I am not black and therefore won't challenge you on the idea of historical police misbehavior in dealing with that community. Don't think for a second that your darker complexion somehow entitles you to expert status when you make yet baseless claims in this case.

As far as dealing with police and the trampling on of Civil Liberties, I would be happy to discuss our personal experiences and why, in this situation, I suspect I am far more of an experiential expert than you are in this case. Until you have lived the days in my skin, I am going to guess you are far less of an "expert" than I am with regards to the real abuses in this video.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.