DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 485
4 members and 481 guests
2blueyam, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, tpadden
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dirt Newb
Unread
  (#1)
Air-Cooled Goodness

Dirt Newb - April 24, 2018, 10:47 AM

I bought my first dirt bike last summer. So far I've just been riding on my Dad's land in Haymarket. I'm still am a super noob. I'd like to make the trip out to Taskers sometime soon. I've never been there before. Anyone headed there soon who wouldn't mind having me tag along? Advance warning.... I will be slow.

-Tommy
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

April 24, 2018, 11:05 AM

If you're a super noob I wouldn't recommend taskers. Granted that was my first ride on my dirt bike.

That being said, if you are comfortable with rocks you'll do fine, if you don't like rocks look for someplace else. Wicomico has, or had a nice short loop that was good for confidence building.
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 24, 2018, 11:24 AM

Check out DAMN Riders - No rules, Just ride! - The DAMN Forums for dirt and dual sport oriented local riders/rides. You might as well get used to riding rocks as that's largely what we've got nearby.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

April 24, 2018, 08:45 PM

So whatcha riding?

And dang, you just missed the Spring Trail Ride at Eagle Bay (King George, VA) last weekend. Great event for anybody on 2 wheels.

WATR is the club that puts on the event, if you join the club you can ride EB pretty much whenever you want (some hunting restrictions during those times of the year). They are pretty close to the yearly membership limit though.

Other than Wicomico it is pretty much the only place to ride around here without rocks

There is a dirt sub forum btw, lots of good info there Supermotoz/Offroad - DCSportbikes.net

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177

Last edited by Gots_a_sol; April 24, 2018 at 08:52 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#5)
Where's my bailout!

April 26, 2018, 05:10 PM

There are some beginner trails at TG. I'm looking for a riding buddy so let me know next time your headed that way. I'm close to you in Arlington.
Unread
  (#6)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

April 28, 2018, 04:52 PM

Yea unfortunately around this area there arent too many noob friendly trails. You just have to make due and learn on the harder trails

That being said, Peter Mills Run trail at taskers gap is pretty tame, but not too long. If you want to go out a bit further, theres Rocky Run ATV trail near harrisonburg, that too is fairly easy.

I didnt really ride last season (street or trail) but am looking to get back into ride this season so hopefully ill be out there