DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 444
1 members and 443 guests
BlackHatch
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > DC, MD, VA Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
singin sweet home alabama

August 22, 2007, 06:05 PM

-Lawyer Name & Contact info:
Kevin Leahy
http://www.weimerandboyce.com/
Former prosecutor in Fauquier County - I was seeking someone who knew that court/judges etc.

-Charges Faced & Location of violation
Reckless driving 82/45 and expired inspection - Fauquier County

-Lawyer cost
$750

-Outcome of case (fines, points etc)
Expired Inspection sticker dropped
Guilty plea Reckless Driving - $350 fine, -6 points, reduced by traffic school +5

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#17)
Playing in traffic

August 22, 2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflylow
Any good lawyer recommendations for traffic cases held in rappahannock court?
Frank Reynolds -- 540-675-3239

Doug Baumgardner, Mike Brown -- 540-675-3617

These guys are based in Washington, VA, and know the court. I have known Frank and Doug for quite a while and I know Frank has been effective in traffic cases; don't know if Doug or Mike take traffic cases, but I expect they do.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#18)
2 wheels for life

August 23, 2007, 09:12 AM

Any good lawyers in Arlington for 62/25 reckless ?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#19)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

August 29, 2007, 03:38 PM

Got a reckless ticket in leesburg area. 60/35. Need recommendation for a decent lawyer. I'm from Maryland and not really wanting to chance it going w/o one.

Prior record involves a speeding ticket at the end of june on i-66. 74/55... was coming from manassas and thought 66 was a 65mph road. I was wrong and paid the fine. I get about 1 ticket per year it seems. First reckless however.

Pretty sure the officer's radar was accurate as well. Was thinking of taking a VA driver improvement course to show remorse. Have slowed down since.
Unread
  (#20)
NW DC Rider

August 31, 2007, 01:14 PM

Mark Nicewicz
2915 Hunter Mill Road
Suite 17
Oakton, VA 22124

Cost: $600

Charge: General Reckless (passed Arlington cop on 395-S, no radar/pace, legit bike/paperwork/etc)
Outcome: Improper Driving ($300ish after court costs)

Nice guy, seems to understand the system. Though imo I could have gotten the same result going in without a lawyer (I *had* a spotless driving record and brought proof of 9 years of trouble-free driving, not just the 3 year). He did say the cop was being stubborn and not wanting to plead down though, so who knows.

IMO best bet if you're clean is probably to go in, try to plea down with the prosecutor.... and if that doesn't work ask for a continuance and THEN come back with a lawyer.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#21)

August 31, 2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck

IMO best bet if you're clean is probably to go in, try to plea down with the prosecutor.... and if that doesn't work ask for a continuance and THEN come back with a lawyer.
This is good advice.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
Unread
  (#22)

September 10, 2007, 02:21 AM

^is that possible? I thought lawyers could only bargain with prosecuters
Unread
  (#23)
Road Kill

September 10, 2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
well its not law that only lawyers can talk to the prosecuters... but its the standing "rule" they tend to practice. you have to sweet talk the hell out of several people before you are going to see the prosecuter before the cases come up in court.

court has to start on time. so if there is a long line at the prosecuters room and you havent seen him yet, you still have to be in front of the judge... a lawyer can stay outside and talk to the states attorney while you plead not guilty to the judge and assistants states attorney... and wait your turn to plead your case. by the time your case comes up again, the lawyer should have it all worked out.

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#24)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 10, 2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwfan
Got a reckless ticket in leesburg area. 60/35. Need recommendation for a decent lawyer. I'm from Maryland and not really wanting to chance it going w/o one.

Prior record involves a speeding ticket at the end of june on i-66. 74/55... was coming from manassas and thought 66 was a 65mph road. I was wrong and paid the fine. I get about 1 ticket per year it seems. First reckless however.

Pretty sure the officer's radar was accurate as well. Was thinking of taking a VA driver improvement course to show remorse. Have slowed down since.

Leesburg is in Loudoun County. See first post.
1-800-NOT-GUILTY

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#25)
NW DC Rider

September 11, 2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
My understanding is it varies where you are. Ex. you CAN talk to them in Arlington but CANNOT in Fairfax

Definitely check before you go.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#26)

September 11, 2007, 11:13 PM

In my experience, they will wheel and deal with you immediately before your case is heard by the judge. They'd prefer to just get you in and out as quickly as possible.

Unread
  (#27)
got barrier?

September 21, 2007, 02:31 PM

I need an accident lawyer for my wreck on sunday,

trying to figure out if i have a case against this cop.
recommendations?

was going to call up
Quote:
Parrish Law Firm, PLLC
James R Parrish
10620-C Crestwood Drive
Manassas, VA 20109
571-229-1800

My Lawyer and close friend.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#28)

October 25, 2007, 01:53 PM

-Lawyer Name & Contact info:
Jennifer Wexton

703-777-6161
20 West Market St., Suite A
Leesburg, VA 20176

http://www.rpmattorneys.com/home.htm

-Charges Faced & Location of violation

I'm an out of state driver from MD and have a horrible MD record
Reckless driving 60/35 - Loudon County (near leesburg)

-Lawyer cost
$750

-Outcome of case (fines, points etc)
Lowered to speeding, 54/35, $120 fine, $53 in court costs, total $170.

Docket was for 1:30
Got there at 1. Met Jennifer at about 1:10, she spoke with the officer in the officer room. Came out said officer we amiable to reducing to 54/30 so it was just speeding. Went into courtroom, had to pass and said attorney needs to speak to commonwealth attorney. Watched a few cases. Jennifer came in to the courtroom to get me and had a pink piece of paper with what the officer, and commonwealth attorney agreed to, I agreed to it. Went in, she gave paper to the balif, my case was called 2 minutes later, pled guilty to modified charges. Got my little notecard and paid the clerk $173.

Jennifer was awesome, corresponded mostly by e-mail, by choice (didn't want to take off work). I didn't have to say a word, she handled everything. I told her the outcome I wanted was to get reduced to a speeding ticket and I didn't care what the fine was. It's cheaper than what I would have gotten in MD anyway.

As a side note, she did not believe that the officer or commonwealth attorney would have my MD record, but the officer had a friend in the MD state trooper's department and had them pull it for him. He gave it to the commonwealth attorney. I've had a racket of tickets over the past 8 years of driving.. the commonwealth attorney was shocked and didn't like it, but did agree to the speeding ticket, so I was happy.

Unread
  (#29)
Nolo Contender

March 28, 2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMURACN
Mark Nicewicz
2915 Hunter Mill Road
Suite 17
Oakton, VA 22124

87/55 Prosecutor was being a dick and I don't have the best record. I only paid a $200 dollar fine + cost. Mark's fee was $700.

On the brighter side, I forgot cash and Mark happily paid the $3 for parking!! So, really I paid $697

Quote:
Make something idiot proof and inevitably they will make a better idiot.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Aviator Send a message via AIM to Aviator  
Unread
  (#30)
Typical Stripper

June 24, 2008, 07:40 AM

Looks like I am going to have to pick one off the list...

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to