DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 580
3 members and 577 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
When in Rome...

November 9, 2005, 09:05 AM

I have to travel to Jersey next weekend and I'd like to find at least some portion of the trip that doesn't involve 95. Maybe I'll take some tips from the thread listed here about getting to philly- does anyone else have any suggestions for routes?
Also while I"m at it - anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with tail bags and saddle bags? I'm buying one or the other for this trip, probably off of newenough.com.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

November 9, 2005, 09:41 AM

Where you leaving from?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Addicted to Cajen food...

November 9, 2005, 09:41 AM

He's leaving from home I would imagine
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Typical Stripper

November 9, 2005, 10:14 AM

Drrrr...yea...

270 to 15N, 83, 81, 78 into Jersey....

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
When in Rome...

November 9, 2005, 11:19 AM

Yeah I was probably just gonna leave from my garage, maybe grab a burger on the way out?

Yeah but it's the rosslyn area...thanks for the tips.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
I miss you Jeff

November 9, 2005, 11:30 AM

I drove to NJ last weekend. I tell you what saved us about 30-45 minutes of traffic was getting an EZ pass so you don't have to wait in line at the Tolls. HUGGGGEEE time-saver.

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#7)
DCSB.net NC division

January 12, 2006, 11:21 AM

I drive back and forth to upper new england all the time... the important part you need is how to skip all of 95 from DC to Deleware and just straight on the NJTPK. Its an extra 18 miles, but durring traffic it will save you an hour and not to mention the $15 in tolls.

Take 495 to 50 east... cross over the bay bridge, 50 splits off - keep straight and turns into 301 N.
Take R896 east to cut over to 13 North
Stay on 13 N until you start seeing signs for the New Jersey Turnpike.

Let me know if you need 4-5 ways to get around NYC

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

January 12, 2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajen
I drove to NJ last weekend. I tell you what saved us about 30-45 minutes of traffic was getting an EZ pass so you don't have to wait in line at the Tolls. HUGGGGEEE time-saver.

Why'd you buy that? You dont need it in VA.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#9)

January 12, 2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Quote:

Welcome to JANUARY Mr. November....
Unread
  (#10)
Posting Nothing Relevant

January 12, 2006, 11:43 AM

^

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#11)
I miss you Jeff

January 12, 2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

First of all, i didn't buy it. Second..maryland to NJ...tolls..no waiting at the tolls to NJ. Best friend is from Jersey....am i the one confused?

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#12)

January 12, 2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First of all, i didn't buy it. Second..maryland to NJ...tolls..no waiting at the tolls to NJ. Best friend is from Jersey....am i the one confused?
*shhhh* He thought he was helping... he doesn't realize you went in October...
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

January 12, 2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu

I dont live on this site like the rest of you bitches!!

Again, i say you dont need one in VA...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#14)
Happiness Consultant

January 12, 2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu

I dont live on this site like the rest of you bitches!!

Again, i say you dont need one in VA...
sure you do, if you live anywhere along 267. However, its name there is Smart Tag.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

January 12, 2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave

sure you do, if you live anywhere along 267. However, its name there is Smart Tag.

*Ding *Ding. Ed wins the prize for the hint.

I say again. You dont NEED one in VA.

Alex
13 Honda Fury