DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 451
1 members and 450 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Any good Montgomery County routes?
Unread
  (#1)
i dont like you either

Any good Montgomery County routes? - February 10, 2009, 10:35 PM

Does anyone have some good MoCo routes to share?
Thx
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG

February 11, 2009, 09:20 AM

people tend to not want to share their routes on public forums
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

February 11, 2009, 09:42 AM

About the only thing Montgomery County has to offer is a whole lotta this:

Still, there are a few that I like on my way to a loop I have that cuts mostly through Howard County. Keep an eye on the forums because I'll post a ride once the 50-60 temps are here to stay and we get a good rain to wash this sandy salt off the roads.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
SMB
sans motor bike

February 11, 2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
About the only thing Montgomery County has to offer is a whole lotta this:

I HATE those new low profile lights....I mean How the hell can I identify you when I'm speeding????

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
Unread
  (#5)
TPG Bannings: III

February 11, 2009, 09:47 AM

Oh and speed cameras, don't forget those.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

February 11, 2009, 09:53 AM

Dude, MoCo is soooooo police-SATURATED these days! I work at NIH and live about 3 miles north of Wheaton, and if I take Georgia or Connecticut Aves on my way home, I ALWAYS see >2 MoCo cop cars. I've been hardcore vigilant to not exceed 10 over limit, even letting Corollas pass me because the sharks are swimming in these waters. A few nights ago I had a MoCoPoPo charger sidle up into my RH blindspot on Randolph and just follow me for a while. I knew it was a cop right away without a visual because that's their MO. They bank on me blipping the throttle or screwing up somehow. And I know these guys are running my plate during this time as well. I slowed down to about 30 so he could get a really good look, guy got bored eventually, and he bailed. It felt good, and I was saying to myself, "Not today, my friend. Not today."

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

February 11, 2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
Oh and speed cameras, don't forget those.
Yes, more popping up all the time. Speeding in MoCo has become a game of such calculation and determination that it's just not a sustainable lifestyle. They won, and they've spent A LOT of money to win. Honestly, for this and many other reasons, many of which have to do with traffic and poor urban planning, I mark Montgomery County as the very worst place I have ever lived, even moreso than Baltimore.

Unread
  (#8)
i dont like you either

February 11, 2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Yes, more popping up all the time. Speeding in MoCo has become a game of such calculation and determination that it's just not a sustainable lifestyle. They won, and they've spent A LOT of money to win.
i would have to agree, with Howard County coming in a close second....
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

March 7, 2009, 03:49 PM

Hit me up sometime, if u take new hampshire avenue away from dc to georgia avenue, there are some good roads around sykesville area ect...
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

March 10, 2009, 01:07 PM

Last edited by b00st; March 13, 2009 at 02:28 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
3 is better than 4

March 12, 2009, 11:14 PM

Yea MoCo sucks. I went to HoCo to check out some more new roads two days ago to piece a nice ride together for warmer weather. I definitely found a cop sitting in a good spot off of a good backroad, luckily I was only doing +5 over since I didn't know the road yet. Luckily he didn't follow me or attempt to.

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick675  
Unread
  (#12)
Triple Secks

March 13, 2009, 05:47 AM

OSD, has it really gotten that bad over there? I'm typically only over that way for triva night at hooters in rockville. I haven't really noticed a lot of speed cameras cept for on randolph. Now red light cameras, ive never seen SO many as ive seen in Columbia.

Are these new speed cams obvious? IE, white lines on pavement for the easy give away?

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#13)
SMB
sans motor bike

March 13, 2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick675 View Post
Yea MoCo sucks. I went to HoCo to check out some more new roads two days ago to piece a nice ride together for warmer weather. I definitely found a cop sitting in a good spot off of a good backroad, luckily I was only doing +5 over since I didn't know the road yet. Luckily he didn't follow me or attempt to.

actually I had that happen twice now...

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

March 13, 2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrasive View Post
OSD, has it really gotten that bad over there? I'm typically only over that way for triva night at hooters in rockville. I haven't really noticed a lot of speed cameras cept for on randolph. Now red light cameras, ive never seen SO many as ive seen in Columbia.

Are these new speed cams obvious? IE, white lines on pavement for the easy give away?
Mostly the speedy scameras are placed on main roads in school zones so if you see a school zone, you should assume there is a scamera set up. They all are the typical box with two strobes on separate poles, reflective lines on the pavement, all that. Where they have really exploded in number is north of Crockville, in Gaithersburg, Germantown, Darnestown, etc. What's really amazing is out in Poolesville there are like 20, almost one per resident . Ha ha, that's an exaggeration but there are a few out there.

My experience is that the cameras are not as much of a risk as are the sheer number of cruisers MoCo puts on the streets. It is absolutely saturated. My commute is from NIH to the Apsen Hill area, north of Wheaton, north of Georgia and Randolph intersection. If I take main roads in the evening, I ALWAYS see at least one county cruiser. At night they like to sidle up into my blind spot and just run with me. Whenever I see headlights approaching quickly from behind and then stop just behind me, I know it's a cop waiting to see what I'll do. I just make sure I'm at the limit or below. They run my tag, get bored, and within a minute or two, they zip on by.

Montgomery county has invested enormous amounts of money in their traffic enforcement infrastructure. In order to keep it out of the red, they absolutely must give out tickets with urgency. If everyone were to obey all the traffic laws and stop getting tickets, the juggernaut would collapse very quickly.

Unread
  (#15)
i dont like you either

March 16, 2009, 09:27 AM

Those mobile speed cameras are out in full force in MoCo.
They're cameras setup in minivans. They just park those on the side of the road. I saw one in front of Sherwood Elementary School on Rte 108.
I slowed down to 25mph and was able to avoid a ticket. The damn fool behind me was tailgating me because she was in a big hurry to get to work. Too bad I saved her from getting a ticket!

It's the county's ATM machine....

Tags
montgomery county, route, routes