DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 488
5 members and 483 guests
2blueyam, amit, CCS762ZX6, dubplaya, TNT
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fairfax/Tysons Anything close-by
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

Fairfax/Tysons Anything close-by - July 8, 2007, 10:45 PM

Sup all, I reside in fairfax/annandale area and was wondering if there are ANY decent places to ride around NoVa. I'm still new and just looking for decent twisties maybe some scenery, ANYthing basically to get me out of the busy congested area which I live in.
Don't know where to start looking, but I figure Annandale is kind of the center, so decent roads shouldn't be too far out. I mean woodbridge, centerville, tysons. Where would you recommend I begin my search.

-Thanks Jacob
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
subUrban Warrior

July 8, 2007, 11:42 PM

Define 'decent'. What are you looking for -- twisties - sweepers - scenic - high speed straights? You're within a short ride to great roads and this board can point you in the right direction.

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

July 9, 2007, 11:47 AM

I suppose twisties first in priority, then scenic, last priority being high speed straights. I'm just looking for some enjoyable roads to put my bike on, whatever seems to be popular among the professionals on here. I'm totally clueless to the area and will enjoy riding on anything, as long as there is no high-volume traffic to interfere. Solitude is what I'm after. Thanks for any help.
Unread
  (#4)
Mr. Glass

July 9, 2007, 11:49 AM

im in ashburn.. if ya want.. we can get together earlier on tomorrow and ride for a bit before a meet in FFX

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#5)
got barrier?

July 9, 2007, 11:54 AM

you can always ride around in clifton, that was a decent starting place where i had some fun.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#6)
Mr. Glass

July 9, 2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplaya
you can always ride around in clifton, that was a decent starting place where i had some fun.
clifton is good, but expect to do the speed limit, alot of LEO presence there.

06 Black 10R

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#7)
got barrier?

July 9, 2007, 12:04 PM

ouch, i haven't been there in a month or two...but needless to say i never did the speed limit

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#8)
Agitator

July 9, 2007, 12:46 PM

best strategy for finding good roads...head west via conventional routes (e.g. 7,50,66,) when you stop seeing city...get off highway and start getting lost

while there are some very nice sections close in, its only when you start getting out into the sheandoah's and beyond do things get REALLY nice

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#9)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 9, 2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminZX6R
clifton is good, but expect to do the speed limit, alot of LEO presence there.
they are there fo' sho!! Clifton used to be nice...too many rocks and sand now...I want to believe the residents there put em there on purpose. They're sick of all that noise and dumbasses crashing all the time. Anyhow I hate the rides in VA, the Cops are dicks...ride in MD(especially in Frederick) nice roads out there..

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#10)
DCSB.net NC division

July 11, 2007, 01:07 AM

head up 123 to beullah rd, head north towards vienna. explore.

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#11)
Firebreathing VTwin

September 20, 2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdemon
head up 123 to beullah rd, head north towards vienna. explore.
I'll second that. I used to live up Beulah.

If you ever find yourself in Vienna, go 123 to Beulah, (I heard they are repaving part of it now) Beulah to Rt. 7, Right on Rt. 7 for 1/2 mile then the next left. Tolwston rd. go Tolwston to Bellview. Take a right and follow Bellview to Georgetown Pike.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=h&z=15&om=1

If you find yourself in the Tysons area its very close to the mall and only 1/2 mile from the Toll Rd

Bellview was/is one of my favorite roads in NoVa. Its short but its fun, and it was close to my old house. I would get an itch jump on the bike and ride it out to Georgetown Pike and then play around there.

There was a fair amt of traffic sometimes, but I'd usually find a Porsche or Maserati that wanted to play with me. It was senic mansion and MILF veiwing roads out there.

I miss it now. I HATE central fl roads!

I'll be back SOOOON!

Last edited by Dieder; September 20, 2007 at 12:01 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Red Sox Nation

September 26, 2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakescakes
Sup all, I reside in fairfax/annandale area and was wondering if there are ANY decent places to ride around NoVa. I'm still new and just looking for decent twisties maybe some scenery, ANYthing basically to get me out of the busy congested area which I live in.
Don't know where to start looking, but I figure Annandale is kind of the center, so decent roads shouldn't be too far out. I mean woodbridge, centerville, tysons. Where would you recommend I begin my search.

-Thanks Jacob
You'll have to get up early for 1. 2, the best place to go by Tyson's is go down rt. 7, make a right on Georgetown Pike, left on Sunnyvale for 10 or so miles, come back up Sunnyvale and take back roads before you get to Georgetown Pike (any left turn before the Pike), left on the Pike through Great Falls, down GW Parkway all the way to the GW memorial circle in Mt. Vernon, & go home. It's about an hour ride at a moderate pace.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#13)
Mr. Glass

September 26, 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieder
I'll second that. I used to live up Beulah.

If you ever find yourself in Vienna, go 123 to Beulah, (I heard they are repaving part of it now) Beulah to Rt. 7, Right on Rt. 7 for 1/2 mile then the next left. Tolwston rd. go Tolwston to Bellview. Take a right and follow Bellview to Georgetown Pike.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=h&z=15&om=1

If you find yourself in the Tysons area its very close to the mall and only 1/2 mile from the Toll Rd

Bellview was/is one of my favorite roads in NoVa. Its short but its fun, and it was close to my old house. I would get an itch jump on the bike and ride it out to Georgetown Pike and then play around there.

There was a fair amt of traffic sometimes, but I'd usually find a Porsche or Maserati that wanted to play with me. It was senic mansion and MILF veiwing roads out there.

I miss it now. I HATE central fl roads!

I'll be back SOOOON!
yo hit up clearmont.. thas the best you are gonna get out there.. i use to live there too..

there are some decent roads out that way.. take 50 down and make a right after the gas station and post office. and enjoy thas the most elevation changes FL has to offer, but the sweepers can be taken and redonkulous speeds

06 Black 10R

Quote:
Quote:

Unread
  (#14)
Going to Fast? What?

September 26, 2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc
they are there fo' sho!! Clifton used to be nice...too many rocks and sand now...I want to believe the residents there put em there on purpose. They're sick of all that noise and dumbasses crashing all the time. Anyhow I hate the rides in VA, the Cops are dicks...ride in MD(especially in Frederick) nice roads out there..
haha...cops...lolz...funny that you said that....

Always do sober what you said you would do drunk! That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Luv2GoFst  
Unread
  (#15)
TEAM.SUKUZI

September 26, 2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2GoFst
haha...cops...lolz...funny that you said that....
yes, yes, I was on the darkside, and going back soon - hopefully!!

sex addict