DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 618
2 members and 616 guests
gixxer123, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Good roads round Woodbridge?
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

Good roads round Woodbridge? - May 2, 2008, 02:51 PM

Just came back from a Joplin run, my first, its not bad, link it to miniville from dumb fries and Im home.

Devious, Spud; any one else in the hood bridge area, where else can I hit up for twisties down here? any others I can link to Joplin, etc?

I like to head twards the mountains when I can but when I only have an hr or two Id like to enjoy myself.

Oh yea I liked the area round Joplin, very nice, and even the motorcycle cops wave!

If you dont want to post the roads, PM me, or let me know next time you go for a ride.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
Now with a TBSP of love

May 2, 2008, 03:05 PM

Joplin is one of the best

check out Map Collaboration Project
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

May 2, 2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritnblk
Joplin is one of the best

check out Map Collaboration Project
Thats actually kinda sad, Joplin would require much higher speeds in order to really enjoy it, and the off camber hill peaks in to turns will bite you quick in that situation.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#4)
Now with a TBSP of love

May 2, 2008, 03:37 PM

The more you ride it, the more you'll enjoy it. When I go, I usually go back and forth 2-3 times.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

May 2, 2008, 04:23 PM

Joplin is the best you will find in the immediate area. Keep doing Joplin though, it's a lot of fun. Also if you hit up Joplin Sunday mornings be careful as they usually have a cop stopping traffic at the Quantico cemetary to let the church goers out. Hit up Aden which Joplin turns into before 234 away from Quantico. You can also keep going on 619(Joplin) out west. You'll have to navigate towards 234 to keep going on 619 as it's not a straight route. You used to be able to take MCB8 from Aden to 610 but I believe that is closed off to the public now. 610 is also pretty decent after you hit all the Stafford traffic. Joplin and Aden both turn into 28 N/S so if you go out that way you can double back or take 28N to 234E and make your way back to Woodbridge.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

May 2, 2008, 04:46 PM

So Joplin is my local spot now it seems, clifton is a hop and a skip away.

Is it weird that Im missing some of my old local spots though, Oakton rd Fox Mill, Vale, Hunters Mill, Waples Mill, Folk Stone, Thompson, Franklin farms. I would link them all and make it an hour.

Arg, I need to scrape up another $200 and get back to the track soon.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#7)
I hate Hybrid drivers

May 2, 2008, 05:00 PM

Hey, i'm looking for a new riding buddy (my old one bought a HD). I live off of Silverdale near the Cardinal and Minnieville intersections. Lets roll.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
opossum puncher

May 2, 2008, 05:05 PM

Fru, but not this second, few beers in right now. But Im def in, tomorrow, sunday?

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#9)
What should I put here?

May 16, 2008, 05:55 PM

I'm right on Minniville, and down to ride whenever also. Let me know!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Firefighter503  
Unread
  (#10)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 25, 2008, 06:43 PM

At the end of Dale Blvd. there is Purcell Road but its only like 3 miles or so long. A few decent turns in it. I never knew about Joplin, I'll try to hit up tommorow.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

May 25, 2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
At the end of Dale Blvd. there is Purcell Road but its only like 3 miles or so long. A few decent turns in it. I never knew about Joplin, I'll try to hit up tommorow.
careful of the 15mph turn 90 deg left heading towards Quantio and the opposite heading to 234. You should be able to hit it at least 35+ once you remember where it is.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#12)
MSF Student

May 26, 2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
careful of the 15mph turn 90 deg left heading towards Quantio and the opposite heading to 234. You should be able to hit it at least 35+ once you remember where it is.
LMAO at this one. 60 mph draggin knee on the inside lane is doable. It's not quite the speed, but the amount of gravel which can be present at any given time you need to ber careful of.
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

May 27, 2008, 08:52 AM

that 15 mph turn on joplin is awsome..well unless you follow woody

I just recently rode purceville... that road is actually pretty fun for its short stretch..

at least 3 15mph turns..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#14)
( * )|( * )

May 27, 2008, 08:57 AM

There are a few decent roads but nothing worth writing home about.

I sold my hyper so I only have the DRZ so I'll ride with anyone and do my best to keep up on my 35hp earth crushing machine

I know of a few decent roads but don't ask me the names...I just go out and explore and those who have ridden with me will tell you to have patience because I'm not fast at all on public roads...well...same goes for the race track but that's a different story

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#15)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 27, 2008, 03:09 PM

I went looking for Joplin the other day and couldnt find it to save my life. I had mapquest directions but they wern't much help and flew out my pocket during the ride. O well, I'll try again another day.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to