DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 609
4 members and 605 guests
beatle, dubplaya, GRN96WS6, HotRod1200
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Have to go to Philly tomorrow 7/15
Unread
  (#1)
no one's blowing up moons

Have to go to Philly tomorrow 7/15 - July 14, 2013, 08:33 PM

I'm fairly used to avoiding the worst of rush hour in DC but don't know much about Baltimore's.

The plan so far is to leave from Old Town Alexandria about 8am. That should get me through DC before the rush is at it's worst and I'm hoping then I'll get to Baltimore after their worst rush is past.

Any body have any info to contribute?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

July 14, 2013, 09:06 PM

Find a bar that serves Pliny the Elder. Its only distributed in CA, CO, & Philly. And Savor it! Bring some back!

Pliny the Elder
Unread
  (#3)
50th anni

July 15, 2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
I'm fairly used to avoiding the worst of rush hour in DC but don't know much about Baltimore's.

The plan so far is to leave from Old Town Alexandria about 8am. That should get me through DC before the rush is at it's worst and I'm hoping then I'll get to Baltimore after their worst rush is past.

Any body have any info to contribute?
You may still hit a bit of traffic through DC and even Baltimore. I've seen 95 N backed up pretty bad around 9am near Baltimore.

Also, be prepared to pay $24 in tolls if you plan on taking 95 the whole way.

...And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

cbr f3= sold
636= gone
r6= sold
cbr 1k= sold
vino 125= stolen
zuma= yutt uggh
Unread
  (#4)
50th anni

July 15, 2013, 01:05 AM

Also, if you're planning on getting a cheese steak go to John's Roast Pork in south Philly.

...And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

cbr f3= sold
636= gone
r6= sold
cbr 1k= sold
vino 125= stolen
zuma= yutt uggh
Unread
  (#5)
i suck at the introweb

July 15, 2013, 06:30 AM

Take 50/301 east over the bay bridge. Then take 301 north at the split after Kent island. Follow that strait til it turns to 299 which brings you to 95 in Wilmington, DE. Only $6 for the bay bridge toll (which is only one way). Shorter distance and NO traffic. Just stay speed limit on 301n cause its a speed trap.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#6)
no one's blowing up moons

July 15, 2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_mike View Post
Take 50/301 east over the bay bridge. Then take 301 north at the split after Kent island. Follow that strait til it turns to 299 which brings you to 95 in Wilmington, DE. Only $6 for the bay bridge toll (which is only one way). Shorter distance and NO traffic. Just stay speed limit on 301n cause its a speed trap.
Thanks, that was much nicer that 95 all the way. Missed getting onto 301 on the way back but tolls were only 8.00 all together so the pain was really just the views. Made up for it by getting on the BW Parkway after the tunnel. If I have to do it again I'll definitely using 301.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#7)
i suck at the introweb

July 16, 2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
Thanks, that was much nicer that 95 all the way. Missed getting onto 301 on the way back but tolls were only 8.00 all together so the pain was really just the views. Made up for it by getting on the BW Parkway after the tunnel. If I have to do it again I'll definitely using 301.
Cool no prob glad it helped. just remember that 301 turns into 299 after middletown before 95. On the way back just remember its the last exit before the first toll, 299 to 301. Oh, and $0 in tolls on the way back.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!