DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 182
1 members and 181 guests
MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Heads Up Re: Eastbound Rt 50 Bowie/Crofton
Unread
  (#1)
Jeez If You Love Honkus

Heads Up Re: Eastbound Rt 50 Bowie/Crofton - June 2, 2010, 10:09 AM

I was riding home from work last week, eastbound on Route 50 in MD. When I approached the pedestrian overpass just before the Bowie/Crofton exit I looked up and saw a couple men sitting there in folding chairs, wearing reflective vests. As I passed under I saw they were holding what looked to be radar units and radios.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
On vacation

June 2, 2010, 10:16 AM

Good looking out! I'm surprised that I've never seen them post up on 50 but I know they do the same thing in Calvert County. One or two officers sits in folding chairs in the brush and radios ahead to a waiting officer in a car when they catch a speeder.
Unread
  (#3)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 2, 2010, 10:34 AM

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.

they are counting traffic or some shit. no need to be concerned. officers do not sit in lawn chairs to catch speeders.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#4)
Jeez If You Love Honkus

June 2, 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.

they are counting traffic or some shit. no need to be concerned. officers do not sit in lawn chairs to catch speeders.
You don't think so, eh?

Quote:
NY Troop
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
My favorite is using my trusty lawn chair with the hand held laser under an overpass. My chase cars are on a curve in the roadway so the unsuspecting motorist can't see them until it's too late. I've been thinking about building a tree stand in the wooded median to shoot laser from maybe wear some camo.
http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-69512.html

Quote:
Truthasit writes: Last month I was driving south down I-5 from Bridgebay and at Fawndale overpass I seen something that looked like some one was pointing a gun or something at me when I was going by, so instead of calling 911 first I went down to the next exit and came back up to Fawndale to kind of check it out first. And when I got there, a CHP officer was sitting on a chair with a orange cone out behind him on the overpass using a radar gun on the on coming cars. His car was down the road 50 yards or so behind the trees and out of site of everybody. Is that legal?
http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jan...r-the-back-of/

Last edited by Scratch; June 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM..
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 2, 2010, 11:11 AM

I saw them out there yesterday morning but that's it. and there was an accident nearby...
Unread
  (#6)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 2, 2010, 11:28 AM

muhaaaaaaa

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

June 2, 2010, 11:31 AM

They were doing a traffic survey a couple weeks ago on the fairfax county parkway. Most of them were posted in their cars on the medians and grass, I saw one guy on the conner with a Harley. He had a pen and a clipboard in his hands...

I dont know if this could be the same thing?

06 GSXR 750
04 GSXR 750(track)
03 GSXR 600 Sold

Last edited by krazykay5487; June 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
True Riyduh

June 2, 2010, 11:33 AM

Good stuff!

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 2, 2010, 11:40 AM

Got nailed on 270 in MD a few years back by a MD state cop that was hiding in the bushes in the median with his car parked further up the road.

I was balling in my truck to BWI and I see this crazy facker jump out of the bushes with an orange vest on and step out into the middle of my lane holding his hand up for me to stop!

Almost ran his crazy butt over. LOL
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

June 2, 2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Got nailed on 270 in MD a few years back by a MD state cop that was hiding in the bushes in the median with his car parked further up the road.

I was balling in my truck to BWI and I see this crazy facker jump out of the bushes with an orange vest on and step out into the middle of my lane holding his hand up for me to stop!

Almost ran his crazy butt over. LOL
They used to this on 495 S by rte 5/branch avenue. They're cars would be parked on the shoulder and they would walk out in lane 1 with their hand up saying stop to an oncoming speeder and wonder why tires would lock up trying to avoid hitting them. Needless to say, they don't do it anymore because they were getting hit.
Unread
  (#11)
2010 BMW S1000RR rider

June 2, 2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantGetCaught View Post
Good looking out! I'm surprised that I've never seen them post up on 50 but I know they do the same thing in Calvert County. One or two officers sits in folding chairs in the brush and radios ahead to a waiting officer in a car when they catch a speeder.
I saw that on the show "speeders."

09 BMW M3
10 BMW S1000RR
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

June 2, 2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
muhaaaaaaa
FITTTYYYYYYYY