DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
4 members and 542 guests
Nobrains, Sal_the_man, scarab, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Just a Heads up Beltway May be ALL SCREWED UP April 23-25
Unread
  (#1)
Run you will die tired

Just a Heads up Beltway May be ALL SCREWED UP April 23-25 - April 16, 2007, 07:34 AM

Thousands of truckers have committed to taking part in the three day “Truck Out” Boycott on April 23-25 to coincide with a rally planned in Washington DC. The boycott is a nationwide effort to STOP the process of displacing American Truckers from their jobs and show President Bush and Congress that the real lifeblood and backbone of this country is the American trucker! The point of the boycott is to shut all trucking down and surround every state capital with a convoy of trucks, cars and motorcycles to protest the corrupt plans our government has to destroy our trucking industry, and our

nation.

For more Information Click on link below.
http://www.carthagepress.com/article...5%20dallie.txt
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to chryos Send a message via AIM to chryos  
Unread
  (#2)
DAS BOOT

April 16, 2007, 08:43 AM

GREAT. I will be working from home then.

Wow. Just..................wow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 16, 2007, 08:50 AM

Good luck with that. Nothing like pissing off the general public to help drum up support for your cause!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

April 16, 2007, 09:16 AM

They did this back in the 90's once along 95. Backup was for 20 miles or something. I finally broke thru by driving in the median. I understand why they are doing this but all it will do is piss off the commuters and then they will lose even more support.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
April 16, 2007, 09:23 AM

WHEN IS THE BELTWAY NOT SCREWED UP!!?????!!!!

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#6)
Site Admin

April 16, 2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpD1!

umm...never.
Unread
  (#7)
Run you will die tired

April 19, 2007, 08:31 AM

Pulling this back up to let more people know that this is going to happen next week.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to chryos Send a message via AIM to chryos  
Unread
  (#8)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 19, 2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
I understand why they are doing this but all it will do is piss off the commuters and then they will lose even more support.
+1, like i said in the other thread, why not piss off the people who make their lives hell and not make deliveries for a day or two, why f*ck with everyone EXCEPT their superiors? i guess that good ol trucker logic for ya.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

April 19, 2007, 09:27 AM

I have a big problem with the truckers' approach. Mainly, my beef is that we all pay taxes, meaning we all pay for the pavement that they roll on. These roads are ours, and the federal government interstate highway system has been subsidizing the trucking industry for years. Meanwhile, the much more appealing and efficient means of shipping, namely railroads, have struggled because they have to pay more to maintain their thoroughfares. They don't compete well with the army of 18-wheelers out there tearing our roadways to shreds. Ah, imagine riding without so many trucks on the road...

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#10)
Railing!

April 19, 2007, 09:44 AM

yea that would be pretty sweet
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Kevmo  
Unread
  (#11)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

April 19, 2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazaratio
I have a big problem with the truckers' approach. Mainly, my beef is that we all pay taxes, meaning we all pay for the pavement that they roll on. These roads are ours, and the federal government interstate highway system has been subsidizing the trucking industry for years. Meanwhile, the much more appealing and efficient means of shipping, namely railroads, have struggled because they have to pay more to maintain their thoroughfares. They don't compete well with the army of 18-wheelers out there tearing our roadways to shreds. Ah, imagine riding without so many trucks on the road...
The problem with that theory is, do railroads go from warehouse to warehouse? You still have to get products from the shipping yards to retail stores and with this just in time marketing we have no one that carrys or stocks products, so big rigs are needed to get things all over quickly. The same goes for air shipping you still need to get things from the airports. This problem is only gonna get worse with most of our goods being sourced from other countries.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

April 19, 2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
The problem with that theory is, do railroads go from warehouse to warehouse? You still have to get products from the shipping yards to retail stores and with this just in time marketing we have no one that carrys or stocks products, so big rigs are needed to get things all over quickly. The same goes for air shipping you still need to get things from the airports. This problem is only gonna get worse with most of our goods being sourced from other countries.
I agree with everything you said. So my problem is with the long haulers, the transcontinental freight movers. If you head out on I-70 into the midwest, it's all trucks, all the time. These guys aren't moving stuff from the rail yards to the walmart down the road. It's the primary means of moving stuff everywhere, all federally subsidized through our interstate highway system.

Oh, and trains are more environmentally friendly so they get AlGore points too. Now I'll admit that I'm biased towards rail. I really like the concept. That said, I acknowledge that big rigs will always be needed for the short shuttling you identified.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#13)
Being nice :)

April 19, 2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:

right

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#14)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

April 19, 2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazaratio
so they get AlGore points

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Far from a rookie!!!!!

April 19, 2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Got that right

James

Joe Rocket Whore

Why your man acting like secret service??? I'm going to get you alone and get my secret serviced!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boogie_gsxr26 Send a message via AIM to boogie_gsxr26