DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 580
2 members and 578 guests
Cinko, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Looking for a long route from NoVa to Baltimore
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Looking for a long route from NoVa to Baltimore - April 13, 2008, 04:03 PM

The thread title maybe somewhat misleading. I have to be in Baltimore for a B-Day Party in couple of weeks.

The party is Saturday Night. I'd like to leave NoVa Friday afternoon and head towards some good roads in that *general* area. Ride Saturday and roll in to Bmore Sat night. Any ideas MD peeps?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
scathed

August 11, 2008, 08:09 PM

+1...kinda.

Lookin for a long way round route to B'more from NoVa - got fam up there and gettin tired of the parkway and/or 95. Want to make it more of a ride than a commute. Ideas?

2001 Ducati 750Sie Dark
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

When you are a new rider, you are mostly relying on luck to survive. You start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience -- the idea is to fill up the experience bag before the luck bag runs out.
Unread
  (#3)
2 wheels for life

August 11, 2008, 09:06 PM

umm sounds interesting .. might be down for this .. lemme know when u are going
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Custom User Title

August 11, 2008, 09:58 PM

Depends on how long you want to make it .... scenery wise, you can take 15N to 28E all the way to 270 or 97 ... not too fast though. Or go further and hit WV then up to Hagerstown and slab it

I used to commute from Columbia to Dunn Loring and would take 270/Falls Rd/28/97/108 ... can be a decent relaxed ride but nothing too exciting.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#5)
scathed

August 11, 2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDan
Depends on how long you want to make it .... scenery wise, you can take 15N to 28E all the way to 270 or 97 ... not too fast though. Or go further and hit WV then up to Hagerstown and slab it

I used to commute from Columbia to Dunn Loring and would take 270/Falls Rd/28/97/108 ... can be a decent relaxed ride but nothing too exciting.
Thanx man...the 15N/28E/270 sounds good, I'll give it a shot. When u say 'not too fast' are there a lot of lights, ect like when u head up RT40 from B'more to Del?

2001 Ducati 750Sie Dark
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

When you are a new rider, you are mostly relying on luck to survive. You start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience -- the idea is to fill up the experience bag before the luck bag runs out.
Unread
  (#6)
Custom User Title

August 11, 2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr1dr
Thanx man...the 15N/28E/270 sounds good, I'll give it a shot. When u say 'not too fast' are there a lot of lights, ect like when u head up RT40 from B'more to Del?
Heh .. I'll put it this way.

Month or so ago the wife and I were caging it to Columbia. Usually an hour taking 495/95 or 29. We intended to take 15 to 70 (about 90-100 min). We took 15 to 28 to 97/108 and it was about 2.5 hours. It's just slow. Lots of 35mph stretches and pretty countryside, but not having ridden it on a bike, not sure how much fun it would be.

At least taking 28/97/108 you have some fun stretches. And 108 at Homewood Rd, take a left and there's some fun little riding. Of course that's headed the wrong direction there too

I'll sleep on it and see what I can think of to make it interesting
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

August 11, 2008, 10:42 PM

Oh I got some roads for you, Loosey. I've been exploring the area. I can totally set you up, but it'll be in a day or two and by PM.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#8)
starbucks ADV rider

August 11, 2008, 10:58 PM

here you go.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...2,7.141113&z=8
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 12, 2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Oh I got some roads for you, Loosey. I've been exploring the area. I can totally set you up, but it'll be in a day or two and by PM.
Ha, I just got emailed that this thread was finally replied to. I posted back in April, so this particular instance isn't valid, but I do have some friends up there and just started a joint venture with another engineer in Elicott City. So I'm still looking for routes!

I passed a sign for the Patsco (sp?) place you mentioned when I first met with the guy last month. I was in my car though, and din't have time to spare that day anyway.
Unread
  (#13)
starbucks ADV rider

August 12, 2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP
omg 12 hours ride!! thats too much
thats 12 hours at the speed limit.....

Anybody down for the route?
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

August 12, 2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani
thats 12 hours at the speed limit.....

Anybody down for the route?

In.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.