DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
5 members and 514 guests
BlackHatch, nootherids, Slider, superchickencornermonster, tuanogus
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
A new found road..
Unread
  (#1)
Mojito Anyone?

A new found road.. - November 24, 2008, 11:06 AM

So I went to snowshoe yesterday to snowboard and my GPS took me through some ridiculous roads. We started out here so I took rt 66 to 81. From 81 it was an immediate jump off into the Strasburg exit... I'll let this explain the rest..http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,1.235962&z=10

I'm ready for spring to come around to head to this on the bike.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

November 24, 2008, 11:07 AM

and then on the way home I wondered through more of rts 250, 220 and 33.. awesome roads all through the mountains..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
Eddie would go ...

November 24, 2008, 11:08 AM

conditions at Snowshoe?

looking to hit it up this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Mojito Anyone?

November 24, 2008, 11:12 AM

snowshoe was nice.. they had about 6 trails open and 3 lifts i think.. Absolutely nothing open in the park (which pissed me off) not even one freakin rail...
But trails were nice, snow was good. probably headin back out there next weekend

ay ya yay
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

November 24, 2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
and then on the way home I wondered through more of rts 250, 220 and 33.. awesome roads all through the mountains..
Trust me, you DO NOT want to exceed the speed limit in or in the vicinity of Monterey. They have declared all out war on sportbikes and are waiting in ambush. And this is not at all limited to my own personal experience. I've heard of some recent horror stories with trials and sentences.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
Custom User Title

November 24, 2008, 01:34 PM

Can't remember where, but there's a quarry most of the way there - it's a shortcut. Great place to drive and it's deserted. A few years back I was driving through around 1am - falling snow, full moon. Turned off my headlights and drove for about 20 minutes all by myself - very cool.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#7)
Mojito Anyone?

November 24, 2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Trust me, you DO NOT want to exceed the speed limit in or in the vicinity of Monterey. They have declared all out war on sportbikes and are waiting in ambush. And this is not at all limited to my own personal experience. I've heard of some recent horror stories with trials and sentences.
John your avatar cracks me up That's good to know. I had never been back there before so while I was in the car all I could think about was riding it on the bike...

ay ya yay
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

November 24, 2008, 02:02 PM

Back Mountain Rd is fun. Lots of stuff to see.