DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
3 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, amit, CCS762ZX6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Tysons Corner -- Speed Traps
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: June 10, 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Tysons Corner -- Speed Traps - July 6, 2012, 09:22 AM

On the Vienna side and Fairfax side, 123 and even back roads, more presence lately. Especially 123 near the route 7 exits north and southbound. Got popped in my car the other day. Not any normal spots I've seen. Seen several others pulled over, including red R1.


-Quentin
-Aprilia rsv4, street
-Yamaha R6, track project
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓
 
Dark's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,209
Join Date: March 10, 2008
Location: Aldie, VA
July 6, 2012, 09:38 AM

I heard about this from a FFX LEO, supposedly they were growing tired of speeders/aggressive drivers through that area and more specifically rt7 with all the metro construction and construction workers in the area.


-Ryan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN
 
spud's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,846
Join Date: September 30, 2002
Location: Lake Ridge
July 6, 2012, 10:08 AM

if you use the WAZE social GPS, most folks point that out pretty well.


This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________


Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
superdupernunu
 
sasha00311's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,080
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Germantown, MD
July 6, 2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
if you use the WAZE social GPS, most folks point that out pretty well.
WAZE FTW!


let's f*cking rage!
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN
 
spud's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,846
Join Date: September 30, 2002
Location: Lake Ridge
July 6, 2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha00311 View Post
WAZE FTW!


This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________


Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Ballaugh Bridge
 
CrazyMotorcycleGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,871
Join Date: September 29, 2002
Location: VA
August 16, 2013, 06:43 PM

Saw a FCPD motor unit on Beulah at Coral Crest Lane along that shoulder. N38.935398 W77.274649
Had one stopped with another one just leaving when I went past. Had some traffic in front of me keeping me in check. He never even turned to look as I rumbled by. Never seen them on that road before.


'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Signed up for Track Days!
 
Umayr's Avatar
 
Posts: 276
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Location: In your mom
August 16, 2013, 11:16 PM

leave your license plate at home and just run when you see lights. be careful though cause the adrenaline can catch up to you .
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
#1 white rain supplier
 
Zx6rrection's Avatar
 
Posts: 208
Join Date: July 30, 2011
Location: Eldridge , md
August 17, 2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
if you use the WAZE social GPS, most folks point that out pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha00311 View Post
WAZE FTW!
Yeah I been on waze abt week ...shit is nice
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
poz top looking 4 neg bot
 
Slow's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,620
Join Date: April 18, 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
August 17, 2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
leave your license plate at home and just run when you see lights. be careful though cause the adrenaline can catch up to you .


horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,976
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
August 17, 2013, 04:15 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Railing!
 
Posts: 479
Join Date: July 20, 2012
August 17, 2013, 09:19 PM

123 near 7 on the vienna side almost always has one officer just watching potential prey. Even the soccer moms know to slow down there due to frequency.

On that time of the month, they will pull you over for going like 6-7mph over. The 123/66 stretch is another frequent one.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Signed up for Track Days!
 
Germcati's Avatar
 
Posts: 265
Join Date: February 4, 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA
August 18, 2013, 11:34 AM

Fellow Wazer chiming in. The app just keeps hitting it out of the park.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.