DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 488
5 members and 483 guests
2blueyam, amit, CCS762ZX6, dubplaya, TNT
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Favorite Routes and Conditions

LinkBack Thread Tools
VSP on 28 north with radar
Unread
  (#1)
.RJ
Project Mayhem

VSP on 28 north with radar - September 21, 2006, 10:41 AM

The past 2 days I've been on my bicycle going out the W&OD trail, and where the trail goes over 28 (right next to Carmax) has been a VSP hiding behind the bushes below the overpass with radar gun. The car was parked behind him, out of sight. I assume that one of his buddies is a little further down the road waiting to hand out tickets.

FYI....

Last edited by .RJ; September 21, 2006 at 10:44 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to .RJ  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm an Asshole

September 21, 2006, 10:46 AM

Bob Loblaw.

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#3)
I heart Tyson's.

September 21, 2006, 11:28 AM

again I would like to say that those slippery bas.tards should focus their efforts on a worthy cause like geeee I don't know..... A REAL CRIME!@!@!!

Don't stop when you see the lights coming for you.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Rocket girl

September 21, 2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon!
again I would like to say that those slippery bas.tards should focus their efforts on a worthy cause like geeee I don't know..... A REAL CRIME!@!@!!

+1

Angie
05 GSX-R 600 sold

I will be back on 2!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to angiegsxr 600 Send a message via MSN to angiegsxr 600  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

September 21, 2006, 11:32 AM

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

September 21, 2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

still... the logic is there, albeit borrowed.

Preach it baby.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

September 21, 2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ
The past 2 days I've been on my bicycle going out the W&OD trail, and where the trail goes over 28 (right next to Carmax) has been a VSP hiding behind the bushes below the overpass with radar gun. The car was parked behind him, out of sight. I assume that one of his buddies is a little further down the road waiting to hand out tickets.

FYI....
Actually it's LIDAR. VSP doesn't use handheld RADAR, and the only time they use a separate car to write tickets is with VASCAR.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

Last edited by Sheepdog; September 21, 2006 at 11:47 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

September 21, 2006, 11:56 AM

And he was a liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal... It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

protectin' the public.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#9)
Got my Permit

September 21, 2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon!

+1
Unread
  (#10)
I'm an Asshole

September 21, 2006, 01:20 PM

I saw an copper standing outside a light blue unmarked car on 606 east right before it connects with 7 at about 1pm.

Luckily he gave me the "slow down" arm wave and didn't pull me over. I've already got two speeding tickets pending. I was only going like 60 in what looked like a 55. I'm still not sure the limit on that part of 606, but i'm guessing it's 45 since the cop was there to trap speeders.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

September 21, 2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
I saw an copper standing outside a light blue unmarked car on 606 east right before it connects with 7 at about 1pm.

Luckily he gave me the "slow down" arm wave and didn't pull me over. I've already got two speeding tickets pending. I was only going like 60 in what looked like a 55. I'm still not sure the limit on that part of 606, but i'm guessing it's 45 since the cop was there to trap speeders.
Route 606 doesn't connect to Route 7. Route 606 goes from Route 50 over route 267, and Rt 28 and into Herndon. The majority of 606 is 55 MPH from Rt 50 to Rt 267, where it turns to 45 MPH, then goes to 40 MPH just before Route 28.

Route 607 on the other hand, DOES connect to Route 7 and is 45 MPH for most of it, but does go down to 25 MPH in one spot, and down to 40 MPH in a couple of others, but has NO 55 MPH sections.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#12)
I'm an Asshole

September 21, 2006, 04:16 PM

606 (elden st. in herndon) turns into 606 (baron cameron in reston) which does run into route 7. (technically it turns into route 674 for like a mile before route 7, but there are no turns).

http://local.google.com/local?f=l&hl...,0.029268&om=1

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
Unread
  (#13)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 21, 2006, 04:27 PM

So on one hand, I would agree with Sheep that 606 doesn't hit route 7. It's generally not called 606 after it stops in Herndon somewhere. After that, it's pretty much called Baron Cameron to us locals. So thanks for tracking that, I wouldn't have considered Baron Cameron route 606, I stand corrected. However, you also disproved your theory and proved Sheep right, 606 doesn't technically hit route 7.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

September 22, 2006, 08:04 AM

Most LEO's know roads more by the route number than the street names..

Has to do with all the paperwork.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#15)
Que se jodan!!

September 22, 2006, 09:30 AM

You guys make me feel stupid. Thanks.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper