DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
5 members and 549 guests
2blueyam, CCS762ZX6, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

May 29, 2004, 09:42 AM

I have a 01 gix 6 and for some reason it's starting to bog in lower rpms. If Iím sitting in neutral and just blip the throttle I get very little response unless I hold it open for a few seconds. When I start out and try to start with any speed it takes forever to climb through the rpms up to about 6000 then it picks up and screams. It runs fine otherwise. Itís stock with a Mig slip on. I changed the plugs about 6 months ago (before the winter and didn't ride much in the winter). The bike has been doing this since I started riding this season.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

May 29, 2004, 12:19 PM

Check air filter and ram air intake to make sure its clean. Also check all your vacuum lines and make sure that none are clogged or kinked. I'm guessing that you like to do wheelies and stoppies from your avatar; for some reason oil finds its way where its not suppost to be when doing stunts. If not backfiring or blowing smoke, I doubt its plugs or anything ignition related or fuel delivery related. Just a suggestion.
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

May 29, 2004, 12:23 PM

look for mice!
Unread
  (#4)
God of the Gaps

May 29, 2004, 08:48 PM

Suzukis also have the TPS that can really fuck things up down low if it's out of whack. Make sure that's adjusted right before you start looking for the mice.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
WPNR

May 30, 2004, 09:51 AM

When you put it away for the winter, did you fill up the gas tank and put stay fuel in the tank? If you didn't this will mess up up performance of your bike.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ME!!!
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...2_Yamahar6.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Phife  
Unread
  (#6)
boxing twins

May 31, 2004, 12:34 AM

Doesn't the 2001 GSXR600 have carbs? I bet the jets are fouled with varnish from winter storage without a gas stabilizer additive. The gas can also be stale (the more volatile compounds evaporate over time), adding to the problem.

Drain the tank.
Drain the carb float bowls.
Add fresh 93 octane fuel.

If it's fuel injected, skip the 'drain carb float bowls' part.

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

May 31, 2004, 09:23 AM

The 01 gix is fule injected. I checked the filter and vac lines and everything seems fine. It almost feels like the timing is retared but i don't know how that could have happened. The bike never sat for more than 3 weeks with out being rode this past winter and i made sure to top it off after every ride. I thought about fuel too, think running some fuel inj cleaner through it would help? it's just wierd cause it feels great after about 6000-7000 rpms and as long as i stay up in the power band it screams it's just those low rpms that feel and sound like shit.