DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 252
2 members and 250 guests
GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Can someone get my new bike running again for $200 or less?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Cool Can someone get my new bike running again for $200 or less? - July 8, 2009, 09:53 PM

Hey how is going everyone .Thanks for looking ! I picked up my 6th bike about two months ago and it was running fine the first 3-5 days then it just started to have problems and now starts and ideals but eventualy turns off if I try to ride it and also it revs up but seems to get stuck around the 5-7 rpm marker and has a realy hard time trying to pass that range and won't pass that range till i open her up all the way !

I got the bike for around 1400 dollers . And its just been siting here for the past 3 weeks and I would like to get back on the road without spending more then 200 dollers on it . Is this possible ?

( The bike is a 1992 Yamaha Seca II Air Cooled engin I belive! Has 10k on it and had a major service done to it around 8 or 9k at Champions Motor Sports in Sterling Nov 08 . ( Carbs cleaned , new fuel pump , air pump , oil change , new air filter , new tires and more . Unfortunetly I lost the recipet that the previes owner had given me so I don't know the complete details of what was done to it . But I was hoping to ride it till the end of the season without any major problems.) I also have the service manual for it .

If you think you can get her running again please do let me know .

Any advice or help is appreciated .
Thanks
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Got Any Gwapes?

July 8, 2009, 09:59 PM

Carbs need cleaned again...

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust"

*GODFATHER*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boomboom929  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

July 8, 2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom929 View Post
Carbs need cleaned again...

Hi Jay how is it going ? My name is David I meet you about 3 years ago when I had a problem with my first bike Red 97 250. And you got her running again. Not sure if you remember me or not ! I figured that could be a possibly but was not sure since it was done less then 2-3 000 miles ago . So you think its most likey the carbs that need to be looked at ?
Unread
  (#4)
Playing with toys

July 8, 2009, 10:07 PM

Air + fuel + spark = happy bike. Yours is being shorted.

Clean the jets and carb really good n' see what happens (but don't adjust air/fuel mix screws or you'll be spending $$ to get it back). Easy process, just take your time with every step.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#5)
Got Any Gwapes?

July 8, 2009, 10:12 PM

Hi David, long time. Yeah, your carbs are dirty. Can you get them off?

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust"

*GODFATHER*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boomboom929  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

July 8, 2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I have already pretty much taken the tank off . But the fuel lines are still there ( Not sure if it would be a good idea for me to try to take the lines of on my own since I don't wana cause any damage or other problems to the bike ) I am not home right now but I will take a look at the service manual and see if I can possible try to take them off myself without doing any kind of damage to the bike )

I am not sure if I still have you number. Could you pm me your number and how much you will charge to clean them for me?
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

July 8, 2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8RIDER View Post
Air + fuel + spark = happy bike. Yours is being shorted.

Clean the jets and carb really good n' see what happens (but don't adjust air/fuel mix screws or you'll be spending $$ to get it back). Easy process, just take your time with every step.

LOL I like how you put that together ..... Make it sound so simple ...............
Unread
  (#8)
Derpentine Dealer

July 9, 2009, 05:07 AM

If that bike sat a long time with fuel in it before you bought it, there could be varnish in the tank and fuel line that is coming loose and sticking to the needles in the carbs. One cheap remedy if you can limp it along is to go out and ride the shizz out of it for as long as you can and keep putting fresh gas through the system. If it's really bad though you can't get away with this because a messed up carb can flood a cylinder and eventually cause hydrolock with liquid fuel. Had it happen on my bandit a few years back right after I bought it.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#9)
Asstastic

July 9, 2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

July 9, 2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
If that bike sat a long time with fuel in it before you bought it, there could be varnish in the tank and fuel line that is coming loose and sticking to the needles in the carbs. One cheap remedy if you can limp it along is to go out and ride the shizz out of it for as long as you can and keep putting fresh gas through the system. If it's really bad though you can't get away with this because a messed up carb can flood a cylinder and eventually cause hydrolock with liquid fuel. Had it happen on my bandit a few years back right after I bought it.
I just remember that the tank was also cleaned and flushed I guess .And when i got it for the few days I was able to ride it I put on at least 200 300 miles on it ... and I pretty much rode the piss out of it lol ... Its been siting here for the past 2-3 weeks . Do you think that will cause a problem ?
Unread
  (#11)
Say Jur Oh

July 9, 2009, 01:01 PM

Where do you live?

I'm leaving town this weekend but if you're still having trouble next weekend and you're not too far from Herndon, I can come out and get it going for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

July 9, 2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijirou View Post
Where do you live?

I'm leaving town this weekend but if you're still having trouble next weekend and you're not too far from Herndon, I can come out and get it going for you.
Hey thanks for the replay
Its been siting for the past 3 weeks so ya if you can come down next weekend that will work.( Ill be a bit to busy next week to ride it much anyways) . What kind of experiance do you have working on bikes and fixing them if you don't mind me asking !
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 9, 2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHonda View Post
Hey thanks for the replay
Its been siting for the past 3 weeks so ya if you can come down next weekend that will work.( Ill be a bit to busy next week to ride it much anyways) . What kind of experiance do you have working on bikes and fixing them if you don't mind me asking !
I live in Fairfax ....Next to Fairfax Country Parkway
Unread
  (#14)
Say Jur Oh

July 9, 2009, 01:55 PM

Taking not running and otherwise trashed $300 ebay specials and breathing life back in to them is what I do. Be it bikes, cars, whatever.

If you're not happy with my work don't pay me anything.

Quote:
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

Thumbs up July 9, 2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijirou View Post
Taking not running and otherwise trashed $300 ebay specials and breathing life back in to them is what I do. Be it bikes, cars, whatever.

If you're not happy with my work don't pay me anything.
OOK so this should be no problem for you then. What day next weekend do you think you would be able to come by ? Also will you be bring your own tools? I have 2 sets of tool boxes and I think they have everything you will need but not sure.