DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 452
5 members and 447 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
boxing twins

August 13, 2003, 09:34 AM

If any of you need bike work done, take it to Champion Motorsports in Herndon (703.471.6990). I picked my Hayabusa up from there yesterday, and it was a totally positive experience. They're a 2 year old dealership, young as dealers go, but appear to be run pretty well.

On top of that, they've got a guru of engines, a Brit named Nick, whose knowledge surpasses the best techs and wrenches I've ever met (and there are piles of them in CA). They've got their own in-house Dynojet dyno and Nick runs it to diagnose problems and tune bikes. Drop by and take a peek at the dyno run charts for some examples of Nick's work.

:thumbup:

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a Realtor in VA

August 13, 2003, 04:35 PM

Yes all this is true. Plus Nick has a dry brit humor that is just a laugh!

I'm a Realtor Licensed In DC and VA
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to highsider Send a message via AIM to highsider  
Unread
  (#3)
Loves Sporking

August 20, 2003, 08:29 PM

Chris, now that Nick has installed your nitrous bottle... will we see you at the track day with your beloved porcine Suzuki?

Johnny V.
CCS & ASRA #67

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
2004 Aprilia 1000 Mille R (street)
2001 Aprilia 1000 Falco (street)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E (street and racing)
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
(street)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

August 20, 2003, 09:09 PM

yeah i went up there twice with Spud to get his bike dynoed and exhuast put on. Nick definately knows his stuff.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#5)
boxing twins

August 20, 2003, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Chris, now that Nick has installed your nitrous bottle... will we see you at the track day with your beloved porcine Suzuki?
Porcine!?!? 'Tis a bit on the portly side!

p.s. It really doesn't need nitrous, or any forced air induction. The damn thing pulls like a freight train in any gear at any speed.

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#6)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 20, 2003, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Porcine!?!? 'Tis a bit on the portly side!

p.s. It really doesn't need nitrous, or any forced air induction. The damn thing pulls like a freight train in any gear at any speed.
Any speed up to 65 miles per hour, that is. At which point you of course roll off the throttle. Is it boring riding around in first gear?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#7)
Signed up for Track Days!

August 27, 2003, 07:55 AM

yes Champion Motorsports indeed is a great shop. I got my new rear tire from them and they matched www.kneedraggers.com price which i am really happy about. Looking forward to doing some more business with them.
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

August 27, 2003, 08:05 AM

Didn't that shop or isn't that shop part of Coleman's. I went in there to look at bikes (2) years ago and thought their prices were high and there salespeople were a##holes. Has it changed?

I usually get everything including tires at Fastlane. Those of you who have gone to both reccomend one over the other. I need new 208's for my RC51 and am curious if you think Champions is cheaper. Also will they do same day tire changes? Rick @ Fastlane usually gets me in and out on tires in about an hour.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
www.got-one.com

October 30, 2003, 01:08 PM

Thats where I bought my bike. Out the door 200 under msrp, $1000 less than colmans was going to deal. Probably didn't hurt that I had cash though.

Your Signature:
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to gotone  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

October 30, 2003, 02:03 PM

Quote:
yeah i went up there twice with Spud to get his bike dynoed and exhuast put on. Nick definately knows his stuff.
What did that 6RR make? As I remember Mark told me his 6R made 106. Ive always wondered what the 6R makes in comparison.
Unread
  (#11)
FASTER

February 26, 2004, 04:21 PM

Champions used to be Cycle Sport they were going under and sold to the guy who owns Champions now. I believe that guy also owns Rhodes cycles on 606 in Herndon. They have really turned that shop around since the change of owners. They got rid of almost all if not all of the techs(thank god). They used to be stingy but they have become way more competitive. Also if you talk to Nick before getting your bike worked on sometimes he won't charge you all the labor time or dyno runs he does. Very positive experiences.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2004, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr
Quote:
What did that 6RR make? As I remember Mark told me his 6R made 106. Ive always wondered what the 6R makes in comparison.

We did it twice. before and after the akro full exhaust was put on.

Before the exhaust it was around 94 - 95 rwhp. After the exhaust it pulled out 101-102 rwhp.
With the power commander and new map on it, it might be pullin around 103 - 104..

*note this is a 03 6RR 600 cc not the 6R which is a 636 cc engine. I believe stock for the 6R is 104-105 rwhp

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#13)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

February 26, 2004, 07:07 PM

Man Champions is home fo me!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico