DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
5 members and 550 guests
BlackHatch, nootherids, Slider, superchickencornermonster, tuanogus
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Coolant fizz....
Unread
  (#1)
Fack yo pony...

Coolant fizz.... - October 15, 2007, 09:04 AM

So when I was suiting up to bring the bike to work this am, I was standing in the garage, and heard this weird-o hissing noise coming from somewhere around the front end o fmy bike.

I finally determined that is was antifreeze fizzing out of the main heater hose coming off the radiator...

The bike sat in the garage all night; was not yet turned on; no drippage on the floor; it just all of a sudden seemed to start.

Never had this problem before.

Labor Day weekend I flushed and filled the radiator, with an antifreeze/water wetter/ distilled water mix.

Aside from just tightening the hose clamp (which is inexplicable, WHY it would suddenly-after 3 days of sitting in the garage- be loose...), any suggestions?

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Nubbs ban yourself!

October 15, 2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXYBCH
So when I was suiting up to bring the bike to work this am, I was standing in the garage, and heard this weird-o hissing noise coming from somewhere around the front end o fmy bike.

I finally determined that is was antifreeze fizzing out of the main heater hose coming off the radiator...

The bike sat in the garage all night; was not yet turned on; no drippage on the floor; it just all of a sudden seemed to start.

Never had this problem before.

Labor Day weekend I flushed and filled the radiator, with an antifreeze/water wetter/ distilled water mix.

Aside from just tightening the hose clamp (which is inexplicable, WHY it would suddenly-after 3 days of sitting in the garage- be loose...), any suggestions?
The only thing I can come up with (other than gremlins) is the temps. It has gotten little cold lately and that could have caused the rubber to contract a bit causing the clamp to no longer be tight against it. If tightening the hose fixed it I wouldn't worry about it too much!
Could have been air in the line that worked its way out.

Last edited by n2sport; October 15, 2007 at 09:34 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Fack yo pony...

October 27, 2007, 11:36 AM

ARGH! I just got back from a 2-week business trip, ready to ride this am, and I went into the garage, and there is a big stream of wet running out from under my bike - I checked, and it's definitely the coolant. It's running down the heater hose from the same place it was fizzing before. This JUST happened, because the stream was not there last night! WTF?

I can't get to the hose clamp to tighten it without removing all the fairings... (*%^^%$&^%$$$$%&^*(&^(*!!!!!!!

So much for riding this weekend!

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Retired to most ...

October 27, 2007, 11:41 AM

Take the radiator cap off and run the bike until the fans kick on. It will open the thermostat. Once the system cycles and the fans kick on turn the bike off and top it off. Might have to do this a couple times.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!

Last edited by JohnnySpeed1KRR; October 27, 2007 at 12:07 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR