DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 570
1 members and 569 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Nothing here

July 15, 2003, 06:13 PM

On the way home today I started getting the code for the EXUP valve on my Tach.
(0 -- 7) and noticed an immediate loss in torque and roll on power. This has happend once before and I high reved the bike and cleaned it out. This time though I can't seem to get it cleared. Any ideas on the cheap and if it requires a shop, about how much can I expect to spend? '01-R1 by the way. Thanks.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
strip joint sugardaddy

July 16, 2003, 06:45 AM

Could be one of the following: The EXUP cables are way out of adjustment, the valve istelf is stuck open or shut, or the servo motor that controls the valve is malfunctioning.

I would suggest disconnecting the cables from the exup and make sure that the valve turns freely. Reconnect the cables, get the service manual and adjust the cables per instructions. When you turn on the ignition the servo should cycle the valve through its range of motion. If that doesn't clear up the tach diagnostic, you may have to take it to the shop.

Founder, President and CFO
Bananarama Fan Club
Shenandoah Valley Chapter
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

July 16, 2003, 08:05 AM

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/e...djustment.html

same engine same procedure. check out the other stuff on that page for more tips.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 16, 2003, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Could be one of the following: The EXUP cables are way out of adjustment, the valve istelf is stuck open or shut, or the servo motor that controls the valve is malfunctioning.

I would suggest disconnecting the cables from the exup and make sure that the valve turns freely. Reconnect the cables, get the service manual and adjust the cables per instructions. When you turn on the ignition the servo should cycle the valve through its range of motion. If that doesn't clear up the tach diagnostic, you may have to take it to the shop.
That's really about it. The push pull cables are biding or the servo is horked. It was rumored that the EFI bikes w/ exup would restrict to one map is the servo malfunctioned also.
Exup servo/assemblies are pretty pricey. Many people ditch the entire set up and go with a full exhaust. Would I? Hard to say.

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
Unread
  (#5)
Addicted to farm animals

July 17, 2003, 08:11 AM

Make sure you hook the cables back up to the right side because it will work in reverse and wipe out your valves.

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#6)
Nothing here

July 17, 2003, 02:07 PM

Holy Crap! This was so easy to do. Thanks guys, I owe you. By the way, I think it must have been out of adjustment for a long time, because it runs like a brand new bike. I seem to have gained what feels like ten horsepower.