DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 618
0 members and 618 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
First Service: Champions
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

First Service: Champions - May 11, 2007, 09:35 AM

As you all may know, I DO NOT recommend getting service work done during the season. The off season should be time to do all the stuff that you want to do to your bike and not worry about a line of bikes waiting to get done and there be nice weather outside. Be that as it may, I took my new bike to old reliable Champions with head Tech, Toby. Don't worry, you can't miss him. Dan at the desk warned me and said it may get back to me nextweek sometime. Now, other people said, take it here or there but the thing is, I don't know the other places but I do know Toby.

Champions has changed ownership and are trying hard to have what everyone wants. The thing is, you can't please everyone. So I put my bike in. All I want is to know that my bike is taken care of and that they will call me when it is ready. Well, as you guys saw last night, I have my bike back after it's first service and it feels good. I'm glad I made the right decision and went with who I know will take care of me. I keep my word and I expect others to do the same. I just wanted to say thanks publicly and to remind people of their open house on MAY 20th, yeah, a Sunday.

No, I get nothing for making this post.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#2)
singin sweet home alabama

May 11, 2007, 09:37 AM

Now tell them to lower their price on that sexy red R6 and I'll buy it tomorrow.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#3)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 11, 2007, 10:17 AM

Thats were I got my R6 from. Great bunch of people.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

May 11, 2007, 10:39 AM

The old group is a great bunch of people. The new group is fucking a lot of people. Especially those who had paperwork in process with Tammy and Tom. The new owners refuse to take responsibility thus I know several people who are unable to title/tag/or even ride their bikes because of their blatant disregard for courtesy.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

May 13, 2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
The old group is a great bunch of people. The new group is fucking a lot of people. Especially those who had paperwork in process with Tammy and Tom. The new owners refuse to take responsibility thus I know several people who are unable to title/tag/or even ride their bikes because of their blatant disregard for courtesy.
I don't understand the issue but the original owners should have taken care of that prior to sale of the business. I wish them the people with issues well but in the meantime contact the manufacturer and see what they say. They maybe able to do something.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#6)
Banned!

May 14, 2007, 07:46 PM

you tell them MATT...

go to hobby hanger ask the owner how they handle customer service...lol
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 14, 2007, 11:09 PM

I would NEVER recommend anybody get anything service related done there. If for no other reason than the very un professional and very poor customer service. I am usually not one to bash on a shop on the internet. However since somebody else started this thread I felt the need to shed light on the other side of things.

I took a rear tire to them about four weeks ago. I dropped a mounted wheel and tire to them to have balanced on a Tuesday at around 10:30am. I was told that they didn’t know if they were going to be able to get to it until later that day or if they were going to be able to do it at all that day. Because of a project, the tech was working on. I left it with them and asked for them to call me later in the day and give me an update. Well I finally got a phone call the next day at around 9:30 a.m.. Informing me that they finished my tire yesterday and I could come pick it up. Thanx for the calling when you said, you would. I went to pick up the tire and while standing at the service counter had to listen to the tech and the service writer argue about a ticket and why it hadn’t been written up and how they couldn’t find the keys for a bike. When I was finally given my paper work, I noticed the total was $32. I was quoted $12, when I asked the service advisor about the discrepance he told me that was the price for mounting and balancing a tire. I informed him that the tire was just balanced, He was stunned, he thought they mounted it also. This was a different service advisor than was there when I dropped the tire off. But still the first guy didn’t write any notes about the service ticket! I took my ticket upstairs to pay and had to wait 20 minutes for the guy down stairs to get out of the computer so that the cashier could ring me up. After getting the tire back to my shop I noticed that there was wheel weight tape left on the wheel, As if they balanced it once and had to remove the weight and move it, No big deal, But clean the old tape off the wheel don’t just leave it there. To make matters even worst a friend of mine and I were putting a new chain on my bike and noticed that the wheel had a flat spot in it. I am not saying they did it, I think it was there before I took the wheel to champion. The problem I have is that they did not notice it and bring it to my attention. Makes me feel reel safe and confident about there work.

That is my first experience with Champion and their service work, And I must say it will also be my last! I know it is all small stuff but the customer service just plain out sucked. I am sure that Toby is a good tech however maybe he needs to get into a better work environment. Because the people running that shop do not have a clue about customer service.

Now just so nobody can say I am hiding behind a screen name

Dan Sugrue

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs