DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 465
1 members and 464 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Front dives in too fast *HELP ASAP*
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

Front dives in too fast *HELP ASAP* - June 13, 2006, 11:30 PM

I finished putting my bike together and went out to test ride it. The bike feels much different. Breaking still feels the same, but it dives in to turns way too easily and way too fast. Kindda of a weird feeling that I'm not used to. I had Dunlop GPA's on there before and just put on Perelli super corsas. Its definately not the damper b/c I tweaked (hard to soft) it and it didn't do anything but stiffen/soften the steering/countersteering at low speeds but not taking turns.

Could it be just the tires? perlli's = sharper/steeper profile

or something serious? What else could it be?? Suggestions??

I'm hoping someone can help me tweak and mess around with whatever is wrong with is at Summit tomorrow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

June 13, 2006, 11:54 PM

Dude,
When you say diving, are you saying that when you countersteer and lean into the turn, it's doing it much faster? If that's the case, it could be the tire, different height and different profiles will change steering geometry and ride height affecting turn in. You didn't go from a 120/70 to a 120/60, did u? That will cause the front to have less trail and reduced rake which makes quicker turn ins.
The steering damper is only used to prevent "tank slappers", front wheel wiggle (instability), nothing to do with turn in.
Unread
  (#3)
Owner & Creator

June 14, 2006, 12:00 AM

you have to also remember you have a different type of tire on the bike. You were used to the Super corsa's on the gixxer not the R1. This is your first time on the R1.
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

June 14, 2006, 12:18 AM

i dunno but whenever i change tires (u know when u ride after u see cords for about 1000 miles) the new ones always changes the ease of leaning over. i would say its the tires dawg. otherwise its probably the flux capacitor cuz i dont know shit else about bikes.

i dont care
Unread
  (#5)
Owner & Creator

June 14, 2006, 12:55 AM

i put slicks on my r1 2 weeks ago it felt weird but I lov it
Unread
  (#6)
Nothing here

June 14, 2006, 04:29 AM

Tires super star, it's the tires. IF I understand your problem, it's not a problem. It's a good thing. Less effort to turn in to a kink. Now, get Carnival R1 together with you and fix my clutch problem on the ASAP. I go to the Dragon on the 24th. I put the new levers on and it feels like the clutch won't completely disengage. I have made every adjustment I can to it,but still can't get it right. When I crack the throttle, it winds up. I'm afraid it may just be shitty timing and I hosed the clutch. Jonathan has already started feeding me adjustments, it just isn't working right though.
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

June 14, 2006, 08:10 AM

Frame is bent.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

June 14, 2006, 08:21 AM

Dude, I went from Dunslop 208's to GPs (on boomboom's suggestion) felt like the goddamn bike was pulling me through corners. Prob the tire profile is different.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B