DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 483
5 members and 478 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

October 5, 2004, 07:46 PM

Had the R6 out last week when all of a sudden i started to feel, only what i could describe as, a "knock" in my grips - i thought my front tire had gone flat.

So I pulled over and checked and all was good - i looked for a nail and nothing. So I hopped back on and continued on and there is a definite tick, click, or knock that i am feeling in the grips like something is rubbing or something in my front end.

As i speed up it get's faster and as I slow down it slows, but it doesn't appear below a certain speed (not sure what that is).

Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks

Mike

MIKE - '99 Blue R6
Learn more about me @ www.funyoungcouple.com

"That's what I said, 'Boobie Traps'" - Data - The Goonies
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to MrHyd Send a message via AIM to MrHyd Send a message via MSN to MrHyd  
Unread
  (#2)

October 5, 2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
MrHyd Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 08:46 PM
tick, click, or knock
a pebble, a leaf, and a rock -which was thrown by a little kid on the roadway.

BTW happens to me 2.

2003 999 SUPERBIKE
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

October 5, 2004, 08:25 PM

You may want to roll the bike while it is off to see if you can pin point the exact cause. If something is in your front tire or other issue, you should figure that out before it causes an accident.
Also, you may want to have someone roll the bike so you can get a better look at your tire. Also, don't discount the rear tire either...just some thoughts.

-Chris

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)

October 5, 2004, 09:15 PM

I have rolled the bike manually on the road, have put it up on stands, check the brakes, rolled the tire, looked for bubbles, wear, rub marks, nails, and see or hear nothing. But, when I take it back on the road damn if it doesn't reappear - scaring the hell out of me. so the bike has been in the garage for a week now. I guess i just need to take it in for service.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to MrHyd Send a message via AIM to MrHyd Send a message via MSN to MrHyd  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

October 11, 2004, 02:12 PM

I've had the same problem before. Try checking your chain, it could be loose, that's what the problem was on my yzf. Just an idea, hope it helps.

Paul
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to yzf600r Send a message via AIM to yzf600r  
Unread
  (#6)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 11, 2004, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzf600r
I've had the same problem before. Try checking your chain, it could be loose, that's what the problem was on my yzf. Just an idea, hope it helps.

Paul
That happened to me too (the vibration in the front) - turns out, like Paul, my chain needed to be tightened. Now it's not there... I'm not quite sure how a tightened chain relates to front fork vibration, but after someone explains it I'm sure I'll be running around like Wee-Man kicking myself in the head muttering, "Stupid...Stupid....Stupid..."

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT