DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
1 members and 538 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

July 22, 2003, 09:47 AM

On 211 for the first time this weekend, went up and down the mountin at a spirited pace just to get comfortable, than on our second trip up just after the long 180 sweepers the bike studdered, then lost power, finally when i pulled in the clutch it was dead. After mych effort it fired back up only to die a min later, headed back down the moutain diein every few miles, the tank is venting, the filter is flowin and the carbs are gettin gas, the bikes a 98 with only 11k miles on it, and fairly new plugs (4 months old) whats goin on here!?

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
Fuzz Runna

July 27, 2003, 05:00 AM

did you ever find resolution to your problem???

Sometimes in order to live, you must first be willing to die....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ND4SPD Send a message via AIM to ND4SPD  
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

July 27, 2003, 03:32 PM

Yea, a bad cam chain tensioner was to blame, and after having that fixed I bought an ignition advancer. Went home to put it on and upon taking off the cover found pieces of aluminum Guess what when the tensioner went the chain moved so much it smacked the guide through its seat.!!!! :eyecrazy: Now thereís a problem. Found tons of shredded metal and plastic in the bottom of the oil pan and in the oil pickup mesh filter. :hammer:
So tomorrow ill drop off the motor (which I had to pull from the bike) with a guy from cycle sport (Greg) who will build up a seat and check to see if the motor went interference when the tensioner went.
All in all this is going to take a long time and cost me A LOT of money I donít have.
Iím not too happy.

:cry3: :mad2:
Right now my bike is :Owned:

:sad2:

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool