DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 584
2 members and 582 guests
Cinko, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Noob needs help -- F4i into a fighter
Unread
  (#1)
I'm fierce, like that...

Noob needs help -- F4i into a fighter - April 27, 2009, 05:59 PM

So, anyone out there who is mechanically knowledgeable about an F4i wanna help me convert it into a fighter and asses the damages (that would probably be first)?

I went down about 3 weeks ago and have decided to make it into a fighter ...I don't know the other damage to it, i.e., i don't know whether my radiator is still good, if there's anything wrong w/ the engine, etc. I haven't started it up yet since that day, but bought a new front wheel (since that was the most noticeable), new set of forks (the old ones are still probably good, but it got a deal). I don't know what else I need to do though, so if anyone near the Alexandria area wants to help me (who has no knowledge of bike repair) and such, I'd appreciate it, and we can possibly do a bbq when we fix it up too...

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i

-=[ Every man dies. Not every man really lives ]=-

-=( Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind )=-
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to xxgpxx  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

April 27, 2009, 06:10 PM

customfighters.com

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm fierce, like that...

April 27, 2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
customfighters.com

I have been there, but i was looking for anyone mechanically sound around this area first

I was going to try there if I couldn't find anyone around here

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i

-=( Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind )=-
Unread
  (#4)
Typical Stripper

April 27, 2009, 06:56 PM

I like coming up with new ideas for fighters / cafe nakeds ... be more then happy to help

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm fierce, like that...

April 27, 2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
I like coming up with new ideas for fighters / cafe nakeds ... be more then happy to help
Sweet! you around Alexandria? My bike's @ my place but I still need to know what I need to do for it...
like, i said, i bought a new front wheel and forks, but everything else, I have no idea on. I still gotta know what else to buy I saw some tubes were cut and I was told by a friend that the engine MIGHT be flooded, but who knows to that...I haven't started it up...

Plus, all i got is a ratchet set and whatever else my roommates have (which isn't much) so...yea, there's that too...haha...
Just want a quick fix for now...which makes it street legal and ride worthy...i'm itching to ride
the aesthetics will have to come later

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i

Unread
  (#6)
starbucks ADV rider

April 27, 2009, 07:15 PM

Id help you.... but I'm too far from alexandria
Unread
  (#7)
is terrified of clowns

April 27, 2009, 07:17 PM

updated fighter progress
theres gonna be 2 of us soon!!!

'bad news, its open season on chumps, and i just got my permit'

The Graveyard
-2001 ZX6R: SOLD
The Garage
-2002 F4i streetfighter: it wins shit
-2007 REPSOL: pure giggity
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to saki-bomb  
Unread
  (#8)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

April 27, 2009, 07:49 PM

I'm in Old Town.I have a Gixxster fighter.I'm no professional,I learn as I go.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#9)
I'm fierce, like that...

April 27, 2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki-bomb View Post
updated fighter progress
theres gonna be 2 of us soon!!!
nice! hope to see you out there

=---------------------------------=

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Id help you.... but I'm too far from alexandria

aww thanks

=---------------------------------=

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
I'm in Old Town.I have a Gixxster fighter.I'm no professional,I learn as I go.
Nate, aka Nudist, also said he would come and asses the damage...good thing I posted on here, I'll get plenty of help and i'm also hoping to learn as i go

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i

Unread
  (#10)
I'm fierce, like that...

May 12, 2009, 08:03 PM

anyone recommend a headlight? was thinking of getting the cyclops from acerbis...or perhaps how to mount the current headlight i have?

also, are front turn signals required for VA?

still in the non-riding phase...tried to turn it on on sunday, but wouldn't turn over.

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i

Unread
  (#11)
Typical Stripper

May 12, 2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxgpxx View Post
anyone recommend a headlight? was thinking of getting the cyclops from acerbis...or perhaps how to mount the current headlight i have?

also, are front turn signals required for VA?

still in the non-riding phase...tried to turn it on on sunday, but wouldn't turn over.
If you ride at night, most Acerbis applications are going to be too dim. They are plastic, so upgrading the bulbs is risky.

If you have 2 signals that work, you need four. You can also run none - AMA website has details on small things like this.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
I'm fierce, like that...

May 12, 2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
If you ride at night, most Acerbis applications are going to be too dim. They are plastic, so upgrading the bulbs is risky.

If you have 2 signals that work, you need four. You can also run none - AMA website has details on small things like this.
Thanks! I was on xpo fighter earlier to see their selection. I was thinking the about the dual headlights (very first 1) with the signals...the rear signals are fine...
http://www.xpostreetfighter.com/Sear...?CategoryID=17
or perhaps just mounting my old headlights somehow since i'm wanting a ride and buying front signals...rode my friend's bike and i miss it! haha

Anyway, when we gonna set up a meeting Nate? I got a few bikes on my driveway that need work, and people willing to pay and hopefully learn some things along the way. We're all craving for a ride! hahaha

Court day tomorrow to reduce my "wreckless" from the accident! I hope the judge is nice

Included some pix this time...one is when i was getting it towed back to my house and the other is after i took off the fairings at my house and current condition
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00605.jpg (448.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00564.jpg (483.6 KB, 10 views)

--
GP
2001 CBR600F4i